What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Lavatube and their many versions

K

KulrMeStoopid

Can someone tell me the differences in the versions of lavatubes and provide pics please?! I am so confused which one is which!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355525218.577715.jpg

^^ hopefully my Christmas present to myself!!

I really like it. I have 2 18350 IMR AW batteries which seem to do well. I suppose it's worth charging the other while you're using one if you have 2 batteries because with a reduced capacity (compared to the 18650) they do not last too long.

Thanks for the info - I've been looking for a couple of days and trying to work out which batteries to get, but think I'll get a couple of 18650's to be on the safe side! Have a discount code for 12.5% off but that's not valid until 1st January - not sure if I can wait that long though!!!

Thanks for the info - I've been looking for a couple of days and trying to work out which batteries to get, but think I'll get a couple of 18650's to be on the safe side! Have a discount code for 12.5% off but that's not valid until 1st January - not sure if I can wait that long though!!!

Don't forget you'll need the bigger one then. The mini only fits the 18350s

Ah, yeah, forgot that! Doh!! How long do you find the batteries last on yours? I know use and other stuff comes into it, but a rough idea would be much appreciated :-)

As far as I'm aware, there are 3 different versions of the Lavatube on the vaping market.

The original version 1 Lavatube was all black and made out of aluminium. It only had a 510 connector, with (I believe) a plastic cap around it. Ego type clearos required an adapter for use.

lavatube-ecig-assembled-300x225.pnglavatube-e-cig-atomizer.png

Next was the Lavatube Chrome (sometimes known as the V4 or V2.1), which is made out of chrome-plated brass. This came in two sizes; Standard 18650 and Mini 18350.
It also features a skirted top cap with a well that fitted ego style clearomisers.

lavatube-ecig-chrome.jpg

Recently, Volcano released a Lavatube V2, which boasted a total re-design from the 2 previous versions. Anodised aluminium, bigger button etc. and can hold 18650 or 18700 batteries. I think they go back to the regular 510 connection the V1 had.

lavatube-group1.jpg

All versions pointed out are variable voltage devices with a range of 3v right up to 6v in 0.1v increments
They all have similar circuitry designs and safety features.

If anyone can add anything I missed out, feel free! :)

Ah, yeah, forgot that! Doh!! How long do you find the batteries last on yours? I know use and other stuff comes into it, but a rough idea would be much appreciated :-)

To be honest, can't really answer this but logic says it will be about 2.5 times less than a 18650

Mmmmmmm, liking the ones in the bottom pic!! Any ideas on sites that have them for sale? Am on google but no luck so far :-(

Back
Top Bottom