What's new

kylin rta leaking and wicking issues?

Never bought or sold anything on this forum so would need pointers for best practice but your welcome to it if you want it, fair warning though this defo isnt a condensation or wicking issue its definately defective. Been building and installing my own coils close to 3 years now so if im doing something wrong then there's no hope for me [emoji23]

Lol
I think I need 30 posts or something, email me mk2kompressor at hotmail.co.uk

Just re done mine, you can see the very off colour coils in the background (I like sugary juice!)
Using cotton bacon, i cut it just past the lip of the base, fluff it a little and roll it back on itself into the wells, I make sure it isn’t hitting the deck below the coils and leave a little gap at the bottom of the wells.
When juiced the cotton fills up and loosely takes up the small void left in each well as it expands.
Once it’s saturated I assemble the rest and fill it up making sure the juice flows are shut until the top cap is on to prevent flooding.
Twist it so they are back open and leave to stand for a few mins.
Just thought I’d throw it out there [emoji106]
Sorry for the bad pics

IMG_3020.JPG
IMG_3023.JPG
IMG_3028.JPG
IMG_3029.JPG
IMG_3030.JPG
IMG_3035.JPG
IMG_3037.JPG

Last edited:
Hi fellow vapours,being an owner and lover of 2 of these tanks I think I may have sorted this issue of the leaking tank!! As a previous post stated a washer is required between the 2 screws on the 510 connection , now trying to aquire a suitable washer is fairly hard, well you can get a dart stem rubber washer, cost next to nothing for 50 of them and they work a treat, had one on each of my tanks now for last 3 weeks and not one leak, a little condensation but nothing more, just make sure you tighten the 1st screw down nice and tight, but no need to crunch the 2nd,as washer takes up any slack. Brilliant tankst, seems a shame to give up on them

Just thought I'd add my two penneth, I had a little juice collecting around the base of mine despite perfect wicking, and I tracked it down to primer puffs. I was doing exhale primer puffs - thinking about it now, you're blowing warm vapour through a cold AFC, so it will naturally condensate, and being the lower lip of the AFC ring is underneath the deck, that's where it will seep out from. Changed to inhale primer puffs and now have zero leaking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom