What's new

Kroma-A mod w/Coil Master ELFY RTA

WoodBurner81

Initiate
Hey all, am in need of a bit of coil/battery advice I think... I’m fairly new to this and the technical language...

I’ve been using my Kroma-A to power my Coil Master ELFY RTA fairly successfully, although the setup only lasts half day before needing USB charging.

Anyway, power aside (need to invest in a more powerful mod, was looking at the iJoy Capo 100 as like the small form factor)...

I’ve previously been using Wotofo pre-built Dual Core fused coils from local vape shop, and its been going well, great flavour and clouds even at 25w - but thought I’d save a few ££ and order some different coils online, but in all honesty I was bamboozled by the choice and wasn’t sure what to get...

In the end, I went for some Kanthal Alien 0.15ohm (26ga*3+32ga) from here:
Amazon product ASIN B06XQZC596
They are so much thicker than what I have been using to LVS.

Firstly, the mod reads them at 0.24ohm, which can’t be right?

Secondly, to get anywhere near the flavour/vape production, I have to ramp up to 50w+ at which point it is simply too hot to vape.

Lastly, to be expected I suppose, this is significantly rinsing juice and battery power.

Are my choices (mod, tank, coil) causing this trouble or am I doing something wrong?

Maybe SS could in TC mode would have given more control?

Hey all, am in need of a bit of coil/battery advice I think... I’m fairly new to this and the technical language...

I’ve been using my Kroma-A to power my Coil Master ELFY RTA fairly successfully, although the setup only lasts half day before needing USB charging.

Anyway, power aside (need to invest in a more powerful mod, was looking at the iJoy Capo 100 as like the small form factor)...

I’ve previously been using Wotofo pre-built Dual Core fused coils from local vape shop, and its been going well, great flavour and clouds even at 25w - but thought I’d save a few ££ and order some different coils online, but in all honesty I was bamboozled by the choice and wasn’t sure what to get...

In the end, I went for some Kanthal Alien 0.15ohm (26ga*3+32ga) from here:
Amazon product ASIN B06XQZC596
They are so much thicker than what I have been using to LVS.

Firstly, the mod reads them at 0.24ohm, which can’t be right?

Secondly, to get anywhere near the flavour/vape production, I have to ramp up to 50w+ at which point it is simply too hot to vape.

Lastly, to be expected I suppose, this is significantly rinsing juice and battery power.

Are my choices (mod, tank, coil) causing this trouble or am I doing something wrong?

Maybe SS could in TC mode would have given more control?
The problem you have is that kanthal takes a age to ramp up and cool down and is no good for complex coils with a lot of mass you really need to stick to ni80 or SS for complex coils [emoji4] oh and the resistance thing could be that the seller is giving you the resistance of a dual coil build in the info for the coils but do you have a pic of the box?

The problem you have is that kanthal takes a age to ramp up and cool down and is no good for complex coils with a lot of mass you really need to stick to ni80 or SS for complex coils [emoji4] oh and the resistance thing could be that the seller is giving you the resistance of a dual coil build in the info for the coils but do you have a pic of the box?

thanks Matttyk2010 - avoid Kanthal then!

here is a photo of the box
which ni80/SS coils would you recommend ordering? nb. I’ve not used TC mode before.

IMG_5798.jpg

Back
Top Bottom