What's new

Kizoku Techmod - Battery Charging Indicator

alexstanhope

This one goes out to any Kizoku Techmod aficionados out there!

I've absolutely adored this little pocket powerhouse of an SBS mod for the last few months (it pairs perfectly with the BP Mods Pioneer for some all-round MTL goodness), but it's recently started to behave a little strangely, and I was wondering if any of you had come across the same problem at all?

It now shows the battery charging indicator all the time ...even if it's not connected to any kind of USB-C cable (and I never charge my batteries internally anyway!), and I'm really not sure why! All the other functions of the board work as they should, but this can't be right, can it?

I've tried contacting the Kizoku support peeps, but haven't heard anything back from them as yet.

Any thoughts on what might be causing the issue, and what could be done to fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_1716.jpeg
    IMG_1716.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 103
mmm, curious.

If I had to guess.... maybe there's something in the USB port that's shorting across a couple pins or something that makes it think there's a plug in it.

Try cleaning out the USB port, with air or whatever.

mmm, curious.

If I had to guess.... maybe there's something in the USB port that's shorting across a couple pins or something that makes it think there's a plug in it.

Try cleaning out the USB port, with air or whatever.

Happens a lot with the rubbish micro usb, not so often with usb c, I think you might be right though.

as daft as it sounds it is easy to get a fragment of wire in the usb could be your answer but as long as the mod works as it should i wouldn't worry to much, as you charge externally anyway.

Hello there!

6 years too late for that. :D

Haha! Bonkers, isn't it! Been lurking in these here parts for far too long ...thought it was high old time to start getting involved!

as daft as it sounds it is easy to get a fragment of wire in the usb could be your answer but as long as the mod works as it should i wouldn't worry to much, as you charge externally anyway.

Ahhhhh... of course! What a great shout, and how idiotic of me not to even consider that lol

This one goes out to any Kizoku Techmod aficionados out there!

I've absolutely adored this little pocket powerhouse of an SBS mod for the last few months (it pairs perfectly with the BP Mods Pioneer for some all-round MTL goodness), but it's recently started to behave a little strangely, and I was wondering if any of you had come across the same problem at all?

It now shows the battery charging indicator all the time ...even if it's not connected to any kind of USB-C cable (and I never charge my batteries internally anyway!), and I'm really not sure why! All the other functions of the board work as they should, but this can't be right, can it?

I've tried contacting the Kizoku support peeps, but haven't heard anything back from them as yet.

Any thoughts on what might be causing the issue, and what could be done to fix it?
Hello bro.I have the same problem. Is your device fixed?

i think you should contact them ,send them email for support, i think this is a hardware issue.

Back
Top Bottom