What's new

Kayfun V4 Clone Arrived - Gobsmacked

OK so I spent a few hours this evening experimenting.

I tried lots of different things :-

Stretching the spring.
Removing the spring and using the airflow screw to make connection.
Put the spring from my eXpromizer in instead.

None of these things made any difference but I happened to notice that the juice flow control doesn't always open 100%, sometimes there is a tiny gap no bigger than a hair.
When the gap is there the ohms jump around, when it's closed 100% the ohms seem to stay stable.

Has anyone found a way to stop the wandering ohms? Like using the new gold plated spring?

Mine had suddenly started increasing every time I fire the mod. It was fine over the weekend and all I done was fill it with juice.
@Trungo

A couple of options to solve this mentioned a few pages back.

@Tubbyengineer

Got shown this today and it's supposed to stop the resistance jumping on the Kayfun v4, so could be ideal for Nickel builds and thought you may be interested if you haven't seen it already.

Kayfun V4 "Spring Update" - By Steam Tuners - SteamTuners P.C.

Thanks for the heads up, I've seen those though. you can also buy a spacer from Awe Modz, or if you are feeling handy you can make one from brass or SS tube cut to length then just file it a little to fine tune...

Edit: Just looked on Cloud 9 and they're selling the gold spring now SvoeMesto Kayfun V4 Spare Spring - Cloud 9 Vaping. I'd imagine their postage charge will be cheaper than SvoeMesto's.

Last edited:
@rune spring ordered thanks, fingers crossed lol

No worries. I'd been thinking about getting the spring update from Steam Tuners but may well go for the gold spring as it's cheaper. Let me know how you get on with it.

Would be curious to hear from anyone who does Nickel builds on the v4 and has used the new spring.

In addition, the updated gold spring is now part of the large spares kit (when ordered via Cloud 9).

Postage is £2.95 for either the spring or spares kit.

No worries. I'd been thinking about getting the spring update from Steam Tuners but may well go for the gold spring as it's cheaper. Let me know how you get on with it.

Would be curious to hear from anyone who does Nickel builds on the v4 and has used the new spring.

Yh the steam tuners one looks good, so does their nano kits

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I've been running one of the Steam Tuners spring update thingies (technical term) for the past couple of weeks and it works quite well to stabilise the resistance while running ni200 builds :)

OK so I spent a few hours this evening experimenting.

I tried lots of different things :-

Stretching the spring.
Removing the spring and using the airflow screw to make connection.
Put the spring from my eXpromizer in instead.

None of these things made any difference but I happened to notice that the juice flow control doesn't always open 100%, sometimes there is a tiny gap no bigger than a hair.
When the gap is there the ohms jump around, when it's closed 100% the ohms seem to stay stable.

I did a post on this but in essence the problem is with the spring connecting to the airflow post, I found that by making one end of the spring narrower so that it press fitted onto the centre post it stopped the problem. I've been running my original and clone for at least a couple of weeks now and neither has had the problem but if you do find your ohms slowly increasing throughot a day or two check your coil seating as that has happened to me twice now - the coil starting to work its way out from under the screws making the resistance rise...

I did a post on this but in essence the problem is with the spring connecting to the airflow post, I found that by making one end of the spring narrower so that it press fitted onto the centre post it stopped the problem. I've been running my original and clone for at least a couple of weeks now and neither has had the problem but if you do find your ohms slowly increasing throughot a day or two check your coil seating as that has happened to me twice now - the coil starting to work its way out from under the screws making the resistance rise...

Sorry forgot to put I'd also tried your suggestion about making the spring a tighter fit on the post.
Each thing I tried resulted in the ohms climbing with each press of the fire button or the ohms jumping around at random. (It could go from say 1.0 to 5.4 to 3.6 to 4.7).

Since making sure the juice flow is 100% open the ohms haven't budged from 1.3 which is what it started at when I built it.

For the price of a new spring, i went for a new one from cloud nine. actually ordered four for each of the ones I've got....I also ordered a spares kit for an unknown maker black kf v4 that I got from FT which leaks a bit from the air holes.....going to replace all the o'rings to see if it sorts it out....if not, well it'll be spares for the ones I do have that all work perfectly..

who said vaping was easy.....:)

Back
Top Bottom