What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Kayfun Mini V3 Clone...

I have 4 Kayfun Mini V3 and love them in fact it's pretty much all I use these days with the exception of the odd sub ohm toot now and then. One of my minis keeps giving dry hits, I have tried everything, more cotton, less cotton, hardly any cotton at all putting the cotton right to the bottom of the juice well and just tucking it in but nothing seems to work! I think I will just keep it for spares as all the others work great. Think I just have a dodgy one!!

I wonder if the juice holes aren't milled out properly or they're obstructed or something?

I wonder if the juice holes aren't milled out properly or they're obstructed or something?
When I took it apart to clean it and I changed the o-rings just in case it was that, the juice holes looked fine, I am at a complete loss as to why I get the dry hits, the juice obviously isn't getting to the coil as the cotton is almost dry.

Actually, in trying to get a pic to show you guys, I think I can see a little hex screw down there ........ now all I need to find is a set of allen keys ..... :rolleyes:

P1080726.jpg

Added - nope, I've had a good look and there's no screw of any kind down there. I think I can see indentations in the sides where air might come in ........ but it's hard to see and I don't know what should be in there. Please can someone just confirm that I'm looking in the right place? Thanks.
Take the top off sou you can see the build deck and look through the post from the bottom - if you can't see daylight then for some unknown reason your airflow screw has dropped right through, you'll have to use something to push it back up the centre and keep a little pressure on it while you unscrew it exactly as @oneeyedbob suggested...

I had a little play with the afc screw on mine and it's so much better now I've tightened it down a bit.

My V3 Mini arrived this morning. Went for the unbranded rather than the SXK in the end.

It is a good vape. My AFC screw doesn't seem to go in far enough so it's a loose MTL. Good though. Love the deck, wicking is great.

It's not as good as my Gem or Le Zephyr, but close.

It's very tall though. I knew this was the case, but have trouble finding a mod it's balanced on. Anyone tried it on a Tesla Nano 60? Tried it on my Esquare, kind if worked. Got it on a Cloupor now...

It seems crazy tall for 2ml. When I think about the Gem.

It really suits the Istick Pico. Mine are exactly the same height so they feel a perfect fit and the weight suits the set too.

Expecting my sxk version v soon. Is there a common problem with the afc screw or 0 rings ? Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks

I managed to get the draw a bit tighter by using the grub screw as a tap and gently forcing it past the end of its travel a few dozen times.

Can other users close their airflow completely?

My other half has taken a shine to it. Both looks and vape. She's been dual fueling with an Aspire ET-S, and resisting every atomiser I offer. So a success. If I'm going to be rebuilding something for her, I can't think of an easier atomiser to support...

It's the right place, I can see there is a hex grub screw down there, I had this happen with one of mine, grub screw as well. Only way I could get it out was to remove the centre post and apply pressure to the other end of the screw, I used a coil winder but anything small enough to fit down the other end will do, then unscrew it whilst applying pressure. Standard small screwdriver will do, don't need an allen key necessarily.

Need to back it out until you can see the end of the screw through the airholes in the side.
FINALLY - I got hold of some smaller screwdrivers (all my small thin ones weren't long enough) and had some time to really attack this, and it worked out just as you said. One nice brass KF Mini V3 now working perfectly! Thank you for all your help, and thanks to @Tubbyengineer and the rest of you guys! :D

So... I've just took delivery of a COV mini volt for out and about. Plonked my mini V3 on it and it looks a bit stupid. It's just too tall.

Does anybody know of a workaround? Had a quick look on fast tech and can't see any nano kits or bell caps etc, -but maybe I've missed them?

Any pointers greatly appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom