What's new

Juices know to crack tanks Vs Tanks prone to cracking

Bryan123456

Achiever
I feel that some of the lists on this are topsy turvy. OK some juices are more prone to crack tanks than others. But, some tanks are more prone to cracking than others too.

I had a quarter of a tank of cherry in a CE4 before it cracked. I then decanted this into a Vision Vivi Nova mini and carried on vaping. I carried on vaping for another 2 tankfuls. At this point I got bored with the cherry, washed the tank and wick, dried, it primed it and filled it with Eden. it is still going strong a couple of months later without a blemish.

The function of a tank is to hold juice, for vaping. If some of the crapola won't do that without cracking, then it needs to be exposed for this major deficiency. it might be useful if when people report juices that crack tanks, that they report the tanks that were cracked. I suspect there will be some common results.

Meanwhile, I have a spare metal tube for my Vivi Novas, in case they crack with some juice I choose to vape. So far, I have not had to use it.

The tank I bought from prorock on ukvapers totally bit the dust with my Health Cabin Banana Juice. That is the only tank I have ever had crack... I stick with pyrex now.

That is a good call. So far I've not had any cracks with my rta but have avoided absinthe and pineapple, because of the known cracking qualities. Having said that I've had many cherry flavours go through it and not had any problems either so I'm guessing that means they are good quality poly tubes :)

Had a vision crack once to the point of leakage but the vendor who sold it to me was excellent and credited my account straight away. Not had any issues with my own juices, so all is good :)

Great idea and one I've pondered before. I don't think I've seen another hobby where there is a general acceptance for sub standard items being acceptable by the masses. I can't believe how many times I have seen people moan about things and then say they just throw them away or put them in a drawer rather than send them back. If people keep accepting poorly designed and not fit for purpose items the manufacturers and vendors will keep churning them out. The cracking tanks is a good case in point, all forums seem to have a juice list known to degrade tanks which I always think is arse about face as you point out.

or to cut a long story short.....I agree. ;)

Just had another read through that list and whilst there are flavours prone to crack tanks there also seems to be a great variance in resilience between different tanks. Maybe it's the quality and thickness of the polycarbonate used, but maybe there's also scope for a listing by tank and manufacturer. It would certainly sort the wheat from the chaff.

Back
Top Bottom