What's new

Jomo Tech 40S Lite not working with 0.2 ohm coils as advertised

Felix 46

I’ve been happily using the Jomo Tech 40 Lite with a 0.2 ohm coil for 18 months, buying a new one every 6 months.

However the new 40S version doesn't work as advertised with a 0.2 ohm coil, only with a 0.5 ohm coil which I don't like.

I’ve bought two 40S’s and checked they're genuine with the scrape of case number and Jomo Tech website and nether operate with 0.2ohm coils

Anyone else come across this or can offer a solution.

I’ve been happily using the Jomo Tech 40 Lite with a 0.2 ohm coil for 18 months, buying a new one every 6 months.

However the new 40S version doesn't work as advertised with a 0.2 ohm coil, only with a 0.5 ohm coil which I don't like.

I’ve bought two 40S’s and checked they're genuine with the scrape of case number and Jomo Tech website and nether operate with 0.2ohm coils

If its advertised as working with the .2 coil and its not send it back for a refund and buy another mod that will work with the tank you like seems like the only solution

Yep, know the problem well. It's a QC problem. About 80% of the .2 coils won't fire.
You can get round it by unscrewing the tank then press and hold the fire button as you screw it back in.
I'm guessing inconsistency of coil ohmage take some coils below the Mods min ohm rating.

If its advertised as working with the .2 coil and its not send it back for a refund and buy another mod that will work with the tank you like seems like the only solution
Yep sent one back and keeping the other as a backip

Yep, know the problem well. It's a QC problem. About 80% of the .2 coils won't fire.
You can get round it by unscrewing the tank then press and hold the fire button as you screw it back in.
I'm guessing inconsistency of coil ohmage take some coils below the Mods min ohm rating.

Thanks for the suggestion however holding the fire button down while screwing the tank back in didn't work for me, got the flashing lights again and no vaping

Thanks for the suggestion however holding the fire button down while screwing the tank back in didn't work for me, got the flashing lights again and no vaping
This is why the Jomotech only got used for 1 month, or so, after i bought it.

This is why the Jomotech only got used for 1 month, or so, after i bought it.

I can understand why. What Vape did you move to? Looks like I'll be looking for something that operates as the old Jomo light 40, is pocket sized and can osw 0.2 Ohm coils that give the vape I like

I can understand why. What Vape did you move to? Looks like I'll be looking for something that operates as the old Jomo light 40, is pocket sized and can osw 0.2 Ohm coils that give the vape I like
Your gonna be restricted on your choice of than. The 40s won't even fire a Gnome with a .5 coil fitted, I've tried.

No. I went on and made another mistake and bought a smok mag with prince tank. I fell for the press bollocks that the pair were gods gift. The coils often don't last a day. However after buying its RBA. The Mod itself is competent enough.

Your gonna be restricted on your choice of than. The 40s won't even fire a Gnome with a .5 coil fitted, I've tried.

No. I went on and made another mistake and bought a smok mag with prince tank. I fell for the press bollocks that the pair were gods gift. The coils often don't last a day. However after buying its RBA. The Mod itself is competent enough.

Moral of the tale- dont believe the press blurb

Back
Top Bottom