Innokin
What's new

Jacvapour S-17 leaking

jackteet

Initiate
Hi, I have had my S-17 for about 6 months and I must say I am delighted with it. That's is until it started leaking about a month ago. Liquid is leaking from the top of the battery where it screws into the bottom of the tank. There is an air adjustment .screw in between the two. I have stripped it down and cleaned but it has made no difference. Jacvapour have kindly agreed to have a look at it for me but health issues make it very difficult for me to walk very far so posting it proves awkward. Are there any particular things I can do to the S-17 that may stop the leak. Thanks jack

Innokin
Hi Jack
ive not got the S17 but do have the S22 and vim.
if its been working fine for past 5 months then im wondering (if it has one) it could be the O ring has shriveled so letting liquid leak out.
have you used any strong menthol or pear juice as ive heard they can affect tank more quickly than other juice.

Hi Mrdj, Many thanks for coming back so quickly. I have no idea whether it has an O ring and if it has where might I find it. I have only used cotton buds and kitchen roll to clean it and no liquid of any kind. I have no idea how to post a link to the S-17 so as to show you the various parts. forgive me but I shall try and describe them. From the top is the mouth tip which screws into the tank. The tank then screws into the battery. Between the bottom of the tank and the top of the battery there is an air adjustment screw.beneath that there is a ring.and then the top of the battery. The fluid is escaping from between the top of the battery and the lower ring above it. Does any of that make sense. thanks jack.

AcmeFog
Makes sense mate. Without having it in front of me it would be just guesswork looking at pics.
As your in the process of sending it back to Jac Vapour for Andrew to have a look at may be best to wait for him the expert to advise on the cause.

Hi, I have had my S-17 for about 6 months and I must say I am delighted with it. That's is until it started leaking about a month ago. Liquid is leaking from the top of the battery where it screws into the bottom of the tank. There is an air adjustment .screw in between the two. I have stripped it down and cleaned but it has made no difference. Jacvapour have kindly agreed to have a look at it for me but health issues make it very difficult for me to walk very far so posting it proves awkward. Are there any particular things I can do to the S-17 that may stop the leak. Thanks jack
I have an S17 tank here not being used. I dropped the kit and its knackered the thread on the battery. The tank is fine though, I've tested it on other mods. I'll most probably never use it again so it's yours if you'd like it. I think I also have a box of various coils for it. Shoot me a pm with your details if you're interested [emoji1303]

Royal Flush Vape
It's 2019. You don't need to go to the post office to post something. You can have the package collected from your home.

It's 2019. You don't need to go to the post office to post something. You can have the package collected from your home.

By Royal Mail? Or do you mean a courier company?

AcmeFog
Hi guys, Many thanks for your help. I think I have cured the leak. It turned out to be a faulty coil. It wasn't sitting
flat in the battery when screwed in. I think for some reason the thread was a bit off. I have used the s-17 all day and no leakage since fitting the new coil. Appreciate your suggestions regarding the collection of S-17. I live in spain so would need to get couriers such as UPS or DHL to collect but the cost to the uk would be prohibitive and cheaper to just buy a new s-17 or 22.
Banjostring I very much appreciate your generous and kind offer but I think the tank I have is going to be ok. jack

Vape Superstore
Back
Top Bottom