What's new

itaste svd broke

MrbhPiggy

Initiate
Hi guys, wondered if any of you knowledgeable peeps can help, I have a innokin itaste svd, had it three weeks and its been fine, but just now it wont fire anything up. The only way it will work is if whatever I put on it it has to be really loose, I don't overtighten anyway and have tried a nova, big boaby and the included iclear, hope someone can recommend a fix or shall I get in touch with the vendor, thanks guys and gals.......Darren

Just had a look at mine, and I think the positive connection could possibly have been pushed down too low to make a connection with whatever you use? If you use a pin or a pair of tweezers to get down inside and GENTLY lever it back up, this may solve your problem. I assume you are getting a light on the fire button and LED Display?

Hi lord, yes I'm getting a light on power button, and I might add it says I have no
ohms when screwed down but does when loose, I'll try easing the pin up thx

Quick update whilst looking at it the centre pin is really loose and I'm sure there was a washer in there that I can't see now... Oh well back to the vamo, now I know why you have backups.

There should be a silicone washer in there from what I can see, but I've never had one apart so not sure TBH

I found this

"The grommet sits just below the center pin on the device. No need to remove the 510 connection, just pry up the center pin with a small flat head screwdriver so that it is completely visible. You’ll see a wire soldered to the end of it that connects to the SVD’s chip set. The grommet will be visible at this point. You can remove it by snipping it off. The product you linked me to is exactly what you’ll need, or you could go to a hardware store and find something similar. All you need is a heavier duty grommet to replace the stock one. Just ask a salesperson and they should be able to direct you. Just make sure it will fit. Install the grommet by sliding it over the center pin. A tiny bit of E-Liquid can be used to make it slide more easily, but use very little and make sure to wipe it dry before you push everything back into place so that you don’t get any residual E-Liquid on the electronics of the unit. It’s actually a fairly simple fix, and you should be good to go at that point. Any other questions, please let us know." this is the link i found to a replacement part looking through other forums.
510 Threaded Connector Insulators - Avid Vaper

Myself I just broke up an old cart and used the grommet from that.

I've had issues with my iTaste VV, namely the paint coming off! Bought another but sold it on yesterday and got an Ego Twist :)

Had the same problem with mine the rubber grommet was split in two, its a really thin fragile o ring type thing , managed to fix it with a rubber bung thing out of a cigalike it was about five times as thick as the old one and was a struggle to get into place but now works perfectly and is a lot more heavy duty than the original so should stop the issue happening again

Back
Top Bottom