What's new

Is this safe?

Ahhhh, yeah that's exactly what I was looking up haha! Cheers bro :)

Would you class Fogstar as a reputable vendor then or would I be better going somewhere else for it?
FogStar and 18650.co.uk are the only two sites I'd use mate!

FogStar recently won Best Vendor of 2017 on this site.

There are a few dodgy ones out there that maybe a few pennies cheaper, but always run a risk of fakes, if you are aiming for quality and safety, stick with the two I mentioned.

Ahhhh, yeah that's exactly what I was looking up haha! Cheers bro :)

Would you class Fogstar as a reputable vendor then or would I be better going somewhere else for it?

Doesn't matter anyways it's sold out on Fogstar's website :( Where would be the best place to go for them where I know I won't be getting ripped off or getting fakes?

I checked Fogstar's website and in specs it says:
Is that wrong information, should I check somewhere else?
I know it's covered but yeah it's the 5A not plain vtc5, but mooch rates it as one of the best 18650s down to its performance under high loads (it sags less than almost all 18650s if not all)

It's my go to for my mechs/pwms or higher power builds in my regulated mods - anything over 20 amp I go to the vtc5A, unless it's really high then I go 20700 but anything under and its the 25r as they are just so much cheaper

Fogstar are the only place I buy batteries now, but Ecoluxshopdirect are a trustworthy place to get them, though they don't give any extras, just batteries in thier cardboard box (but they often have good stock when others are out), I think they are more wholesale and non vaping though

Hey all, okay so I was wanting to have a quick check if the way I'm running my mod is safe.

I'm using a Smok H-priv 220w with a Cleito 120 Sub-ohm tank. I vape at 120w but after learning about battery amperage load in regulated mods and reading on a few forums I don't know if what I'm doing is posing a risk or not.

My batteries are Ampking 18650's, they have a 20A CDR. When using the equation:

Desired voltage/Voltage cut off (guessed so kept at a average number)/No. of batteries/regulator efficiency (also guessed so went lower than normal) = ?A per batteries

And I'm having a result of:

120/3/2/0.85 = 23.53A per battery

That's over my safe CDR limit, but I have always used this setup for years. I always thought with it being regulated if it couldn't handle it, it would tell me, but after reading up I'm now not so sure.

What is your guys input?
I'm prepared to be shot down in flames here because I'm a bit sketchy on calculating multiple batteries but anyway... I put my Cleito 120 on my Smok GX2/4 (in two-battery configuration) and when I pressed the fire button it read 30.4 Amps. I assume that means if they're parallel it's 15.2 Amps per battery?? I realize the 30.4 is the board output and I confess I have no idea how close that is to the actual drain on the batteries themselves.

I'm prepared to be shot down in flames here because I'm a bit sketchy on calculating multiple batteries but anyway... I put my Cleito 120 on my Smok GX2/4 (in two-battery configuration) and when I pressed the fire button it read 30.4 Amps. I assume that means if they're parallel it's 15.2 Amps per battery?? I realize the 30.4 is the board output and I confess I have no idea how close that is to the actual drain on the batteries themselves.
Take the wattage and divide it by the voltage.

So let's say 100w (add 5% for board inefficiency) so 105w.

Take the minimal voltage that the mod will cut off at (I'm not sure on GX so let's say 3.6v per battery) which is 7.2v

So 105 ÷ 7.2 = 14.58amps.

Obviously alter this to your owns settings, but that's basically the way to do it and stay on the side of caution.

Back
Top Bottom