What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Is the billetbox worth it?

Vaperman29

Initiate
Hi debating on getting a billetbox but just want some advice on it and want to know if it’s actually worth buying?

Not really!

You can get a better quality vape from a tonne of other stuff.
Where the BB shines is it’s customisable, to a crazy level. Sure it’s comfortable and pocketable, but with all the aftermarket options and bridges you really can go to town with it.
It’s also well made and a solid mod (the genuine ones at least).

Purely for vape quality alone though, there’s a bunch of other options that could be considered better and cheaper.
I tend to use my Abyss where I would have previously used the BB.

It's limited by the single battery but the form is a classic piece of styling.
Buy one that you like the look of and try to steer clear from the rabbit hole.

@Vaperman29 it depends on what you are looking for. There are 2 versions one has a DNA60 chipset which i would recommend over the cheaper sevo70w board. Basically the BB is the original pod system it usually comes with 3 bridges now, one being for the Kanger subtank rba, which imo is all you need, MTL you get a Kanger bridge for the old protank coils and a Nautilus coil bridge.
As said they can become an expensive hobby. if you buy all the bridges as some are triple figures. Different panels cost as much as a decent mod. To refill a Boro tank you have to slide some glass back and forth and sometimes it leaks so i have got the Voopoo pnp bridge and the PNP RBA which has a fill port, no glass and cost me about £10.
It's been ages since i used my BB last, but they are a nice compact device to use. If you wanted smaller the Bantam box is similar but uses an 18350 battery and upto 30w, they where on sale for £35 on ecigone or $35 on fasttech etc. Whichever pod, aio system you buy the cost will always be there for new accessories , coils or upgraded slightly tweaked devices that folk buy because they enjoy the original version. My personal choice of set up is a DNA chipped mod with a decent rta. But Billet Box wise i would recommend you just treat it as a vapeing product, not a fashion accessory which needs a new look every month or so, then you won't keep spending on it.

Hi debating on getting a billetbox but just want some advice on it and want to know if it’s actually worth buying?
Got shot of mine.

While they were fun, I grew to being frustrated with the whole concept. As VB says, awesome if you are into expensive personalising of it - but then that's an issue when selling if people don't share your aesthetic inclinations.

There just doesn't seem to be a way of circumventing mess. Plus, almost every bridge I owned entailed huff and puff to either fit, recoil, or get to function. Ultimately, it was a level of faff I just couldn't be bothered with.

I had two, both moved on for the reasons in the above posts, faff, difficulty in getting the airflow right and options galore for bridges non of which seemed to suit me, I wouldn’t bother, there’s much better gear out there individually that’s easier to tailor to your needs.
Runs away [emoji28]

despite people thinking it’s a nice and portable thing, i found it a bit chunky.

I/We were massive fans despite all the already mentioned quirks. Once I found the right Bridge for our tastes, we never varied.
However.... Since discovering The Abyss...
We no longer have a BB to our names. For our particular circumstances it has already proven to be a winner and... something of a godsend.;)
Worth investigating :)

had a BB for a very short time, the leaking the thing did put me right off for a start & then getting the board sealed to protect it from leaks, as far as im concerned for the price of a BB these problems should not exist hence why i sold mine on & bought a dot aio & no probs what so ever & like rob i like the look of Abyss but waiting on there prices to drop first.

Buy a dna60 clone first to see if its worth spending hundreds or just buy a abyss aio which is cheaper around the £100 mark compared to £130 for 5he sxk 60w bb and you can use the rba's in it but tobe honest not realy worth the money

Back
Top Bottom