What's new

Insulator thingy

Ok so looks like problem solved.

Thanks for contacting us about your SERIES-B DNA 75W Box-Mod.

Please can you send us over a few pictures and/or a short video demonstrating the issue if you'd be so kind? The more the merrier in this respect and I'll get our engineers to have a look into this for you.
As always, your support in this matter would be most appreciated.

After a few more pictures and description they said

I've picked this up with the engineers this morning and lamentably they don't believe this will be repairable without becoming prohibitively expensive. Apologies.
I have, however, also petitioned the Management Team on your behalf and they've kindly agreed to offer you the use of the Discount Code " " for ten percent off your next order if you'd like a replacement.
This doesn't apply to the shipping costs but the order will be eligible for Free Shipping if you select the option during the checkout stage. Anyway, I do hope this helps and please feel free to come back to us anytime.

Can we be of any further assistance to you at all today - we're always more than happy to help.

I thought about it and replied

I appreciate this Duncan.
As i have a back ground in electronics the repair work itself would be easy for me. I just need to obtain the insulator to be able to effect the repair.
Am i able to get them anywhere?
For something that will cost a quid or so its not within my interest to throw a perfectly good mod out.
Many thanks again.

To which they replied

I'm delighted to confirm that our engineers have now come back to me and confirmed that we can indeed supply you with the component in question. Furthermore, they've offered to do so free of charge - with the exception of shipping costs that is.
Would you like us to included this in with an order or would you rather pay for the shipping costs separately? Let us know your preference and we'll endeavour to make it happen.
As always, your support in this matter would indeed be most appreciated.

I gotta say im suprised, pleasantly so at their willingness to assist.
Postage has been paid (all of £1.49) and the bits been dispatched.
Yay!
Glad to hear you are getting it sorted mate.

You had the same thing happen?
Think its a bit of a design flaw due to the 510 not being sping loaded... Well it doesn't seem to be.

Mine was a little bit more involved, an Ether RTA with an overlong 510 pin pushed the whole assembly down and the wee rubber disc popped out without splitting. When I disassembled the top of the mod, the 510 pin had pushed down, shorting out and there's a wee peek insulator round the pin that pushed down, you'll see it when you look under the top plate, I had to push that back up first then jimmy the ring back in and everything was ok after.

Ok so looks like problem solved.

Thanks for contacting us about your SERIES-B DNA 75W Box-Mod.

Please can you send us over a few pictures and/or a short video demonstrating the issue if you'd be so kind? The more the merrier in this respect and I'll get our engineers to have a look into this for you.
As always, your support in this matter would be most appreciated.

After a few more pictures and description they said

I've picked this up with the engineers this morning and lamentably they don't believe this will be repairable without becoming prohibitively expensive. Apologies.
I have, however, also petitioned the Management Team on your behalf and they've kindly agreed to offer you the use of the Discount Code " " for ten percent off your next order if you'd like a replacement.
This doesn't apply to the shipping costs but the order will be eligible for Free Shipping if you select the option during the checkout stage. Anyway, I do hope this helps and please feel free to come back to us anytime.

Can we be of any further assistance to you at all today - we're always more than happy to help.

I thought about it and replied

I appreciate this Duncan.
As i have a back ground in electronics the repair work itself would be easy for me. I just need to obtain the insulator to be able to effect the repair.
Am i able to get them anywhere?
For something that will cost a quid or so its not within my interest to throw a perfectly good mod out.
Many thanks again.

To which they replied

I'm delighted to confirm that our engineers have now come back to me and confirmed that we can indeed supply you with the component in question. Furthermore, they've offered to do so free of charge - with the exception of shipping costs that is.
Would you like us to included this in with an order or would you rather pay for the shipping costs separately? Let us know your preference and we'll endeavour to make it happen.
As always, your support in this matter would indeed be most appreciated.

I gotta say im suprised, pleasantly so at their willingness to assist.
Postage has been paid (all of £1.49) and the bits been dispatched.
Yay!
Result! Good. :)

16557502614335550166724755802255.jpg

Defucked
Get in! :2thumbsup:

I'm guessing this is the same fix we used for the Evod/Spinner many moons ago.
Gawd i feel old.

If i were in the uk i would find a used series b just because of that support.

If i were in the uk i would find a used series b just because of that support.
Have to admit considering its 4 years or so old i take my hat off to them, they certainly did what many companies dont and did what they could to help. L

Back
Top Bottom