What's new

Innokin Zlide filling problem

PlotinusRedux

I couple of weeks after I got the Innokin Zlide tank it has developed a very annoying problem.

The fill port is very small and keeps getting blocked by a film of e-liquid--even sticking the e-liquid nozzle as far as I can into the port, the liquid doesn't penetrate the film and instead bounces off of it onto the outside of the tank making a mess.

I have to take a piece of paper towel and shove it deeply into the fill port to break the film, then I can fill it--but after 2-3 fills the problem repeats. I've taken it apart and cleaned it--that seemed to help for about a day.

I'm using 70/30 VG/PG.

Any suggestions?

I couple of weeks after I got the Innokin Zlide tank it has developed a very annoying problem.

The fill port is very small and keeps getting blocked by a film of e-liquid--even sticking the e-liquid nozzle as far as I can into the port, the liquid doesn't penetrate the film and instead bounces off of it onto the outside of the tank making a mess.

I have to take a piece of paper towel and shove it deeply into the fill port to break the film, then I can fill it--but after 2-3 fills the problem repeats. I've taken it apart and cleaned it--that seemed to help for about a day.

I'm using 70/30 VG/PG.

Any suggestions?
A toothpick, or a small allen wrench

Decanting your juice (putting it in a smaller bottle) with a smaller tip is a common solution.

Last edited:

I'm using 70/30 VG/PG.

Any suggestions?
Hi @PlotinusRedux

from what I understand, the Zlide tank is best used with 50/50 juice so you may be having the problem as the liquid is too thick? Can’t remember where I read that it wasn’t designed for higher VG liquids but I’m sure it was somewhere lol

I use 70/30 PG/VG with my Zlide mainly and not had any issue.

cheers

Last edited:
A toothpick, or a small allen wrench

Decanting your juice (putting it in a smaller bottle) with a smaller tip is a common solution.
I've actually tried a toothpick--the film just reformed behind the toothpick when I pulled it out, only something that absorbs the liquid is working for me.

Decanting is a good idea, if a little inconvenient. I'm using large 120 ml bottles, and combined with having to come in at an angle due to the sliding top on the Zlide I'm not getting the nozzle very far into the port. I'll try that, thanks.

It's too bad, apart from this one annoyance I love every thing else about the tank.

41E5AE0B-F338-443C-9201-E673ABDC46AC.jpeg

Ah the zlide, my old nemesis. The best thing I personally found was when you slide it open, go towards a window and if you look at the little rubber port, grip the atty and then throw the pos as far as you can.

I never had that with the zlide, but I am getting it with the endura t18 pro which has the same style fill port. Even using small nozzle 10ml bottles.
Same used to happen with the aegis squonk until the little flaps on the seal tore so I removed them with tweezers, still worked fine as it's not the flaps that create the airtight seal.

Back
Top Bottom