What's new

Innokin Sceptre TPD 2ml to 3ml hack.

Solved my problem, I had to go old-school and pricked the cotton with a pin a couple of times, first time I went too far and it gurgled, second time I just pricked a couple of the wick slots and it vapes a treat now, no more dry hits since.

I've just converted one of my pods so I thought I would share how to do it, stripping the pod was pretty easy to do:
  • Remove the coil base plate.
  • Gently pry out the lower black seal plate from one side.
  • Remove the small round seal (keep this as you will need to replace it).
  • Pry out the TPD Bung, you will need something like a dental probe ideally but it's not too tricky to pull out.
  • Replace the round seal, this was a little fiddly to get back into place, I used a coil rod and a plastic toothpick for the inside diameter.
  • Clip the black seal plate back into place (taking note of the little tabs on each side).
Overall I found it to be one of the easiest pods to convert and only took a few minutes, once it's all back together there's an extra 1ml capacity at the top and inside the mouthpiece, this also helped keep an eye on the juice level.

View attachment 231753

View attachment 231752
Hey there!

I managed to get everything out easier enough, I just can’t get the round seal to go back into place. Do you have any tips? Thanks!

Hey there!

I managed to get everything out easier enough, I just can’t get the round seal to go back into place. Do you have any tips? Thanks!

I've done a couple, one went in easy but the other took some persuading with the flat end of a biro or something similar, key is to make sure the centre seats first.

Hopefully that helps, I have a new pod I need to do so if I find an easier way I will let you know.

I've done a couple, one went in easy but the other took some persuading with the flat end of a biro or something similar, key is to make sure the centre seats first.

Hopefully that helps, I have a new pod I need to do so if I find an easier way I will let you know.
There isn’t a lot of space to play with is there? I tried a toothpick but I can’t seem to get the inner part of seal to sit in the hole. I will have to keep trying, let me know if you have any other tips please. Thanks!

Still can’t figure out how to do it, how are you using the coil rod and biro ? I’ve got it placed in the middle but does the inner seal have to go in the middle hole or just around it, if that makes sense?

Right, my next job this morning, going to do the MTL pod and see if there's a trick to it.

Originally I did try to get the chimney piece out but it seemed too tight, I might try some brute force this time as that would make the conversion much simpler

Okay this turned out to be easier than I thought.......

Brute force is a no-no as I immediately damaged the chimney.

To refit the round chimney seal, place it back into position with your little finger to at least start the outer side fitting, then using the base section that holds the coil (ignore the smaller base you removed), with the coil still fitted; place it into the pod at 90 degrees so that the coil pushes down further, when you remove the base section the seal should then be in place.

To rule out this being a fluke I removed it and repeated a few times and it worked the same.

Hopefully that makes sense? I can photograph it if not.

The whole process took a couple of minutes and was stress free.

Okay this turned out to be easier than I thought.......

Brute force is a no-no as I immediately damaged the chimney.

To refit the round chimney seal, place it back into position with your little finger to at least start the outer side fitting, then using the base section that holds the coil (ignore the smaller base you removed), with the coil still fitted; place it into the pod at 90 degrees so that the coil pushes down further, when you remove the base section the seal should then be in place.

To rule out this being a fluke I removed it and repeated a few times and it worked the same.

Hopefully that makes sense? I can photograph it if not.

The whole process took a couple of minutes and was stress free.

is this for the mtl pod please? if it is I'm still not sure where to pry from :doh:

Back
Top Bottom