What's new

Innokin Sceptre TPD 2ml to 3ml hack.

I've just converted one of my pods so I thought I would share how to do it, stripping the pod was pretty easy to do:
  • Remove the coil base plate.
  • Gently pry out the lower black seal plate from one side.
  • Remove the small round seal (keep this as you will need to replace it).
  • Pry out the TPD Bung, you will need something like a dental probe ideally but it's not too tricky to pull out.
  • Replace the round seal, this was a little fiddly to get back into place, I used a coil rod and a plastic toothpick for the inside diameter.
  • Clip the black seal plate back into place (taking note of the little tabs on each side).
Overall I found it to be one of the easiest pods to convert and only took a few minutes, once it's all back together there's an extra 1ml capacity at the top and inside the mouthpiece, this also helped keep an eye on the juice level.

Innokin_Sceptre_Pod-TPD-Hack2.jpg

Innokin_Sceptre_Pod-TPD-Hack.jpg

I bought a 3ml one but I'll give this a go when I get five minutes. I suspected it wouldn't be hard but I was too lazy/tight to try it myself. Still a spare's good to have. It's surprising how much difference the extra millilitre makes too.

Thanks for this.

It's surprising how much difference the extra millilitre makes too.

Thanks for this.

You're welcome mate :)

Yeah I immediately found 2ml no use for the 0.5ohm coil, 3ml isn't ideal but made the difference between useable and useless, 2ml for MTL was fine though.

What do you think of it in general?

Done it! But oh boy what a faff. Disassembly and reassembly is really easy but skewering that bung out really isn't...

You're welcome mate :)

Yeah I immediately found 2ml no use for the 0.5ohm coil, 3ml isn't ideal but made the difference between useable and useless, 2ml for MTL was fine though.

What do you think of it in general?

I love my little Sceptre @Vapaneezer Scrooge, it's such an intuitive little thing. It's probably my favourite device overall to be honest. I've got my Gen Nano and it's various different tanks, but the Sceptre is still the first one I pick up in the morning and the last one I put down at night. It just seems to fit my hand really nicely. I really wouldn't be without it.

Sincerest blessings, my friend.

Just done this to my Dad's. Much quicker the second time, all you need is the correct tools - in this case a bent paper clip and some needle nose pliers..

Just goes to show preparation is everything and practice makes perfect.

Peace to you all my earthly beings.

Is anyone else struggling with the 1.2ohm MTL coils? mine barely last a couple of days before I get dry hits.
I'm on my 4th coil within 1 week which is a shame as the flavour is superb.

Is anyone else struggling with the 1.2ohm MTL coils? mine barely last a couple of days before I get dry hits.
I'm on my 4th coil within 1 week which is a shame as the flavour is superb.

No problems here. My 0.5 must've been going a month, and Dad's 1.2's only been changed once in all the time he's had it. I reckon about 1.5 - 2ml goes through them per day.

Do you think it might be your liquid?

No problems here. My 0.5 must've been going a month, and Dad's 1.2's only been changed once in all the time he's had it. I reckon about 1.5 - 2ml goes through them per day.

Do you think it might be your liquid?

Thanks for that.

I'm using 50/50 nic salts, I did suspect it could be one of the newer flavours so I switched back to the one I always use with GTX 1.2ohm coils which last me around 3 weeks (Nasty Juice - Cushman).

The wicking doesn't keep up too well, I get a dry hit but if I let some air into the pod (flip open the fill port) then it's fine for 4 or 5 draws, I'm not chain vaping (around 2ml a day) so I can't put it down to that.

I might try some Manabush freebase and see how it is with that.

Back
Top Bottom