What's new

Innokin Kroma-A or kroma R

coose

Hi all.

Been quite a few years since I have come on to a vape forum seeking advice.

I'm an experienced caper. 6 years this month I have been vaping and have never looked back.

Over the last 6 years I've lost count of how many mods, Sub-Ohm tanks, RTA's and RDA's I've owned, used and gone though.

Recently though I've decided I want to take things back to basics.

Huge clouds are fun don't get me wrong but now I've reached the point in my vaping journey where I just want a nice mellow MTL vape.

I've already got a few AIO systems which are all good but I'm looking for a mod and MTL tank set up.

I've narrowed it down to either the Innokin Kroma-A built in 2000mah battery. Or. The Innokin Kroma-R Removable 18650.

I want to pair either with the Zlide tank also from innokin.

My question is. Which would be best to go for I know both have their pros and cons. For example built in batteries means having to buy a complete new mod if it breaks or fails but I know innokin lipo batteries are very reliable and will last for a good few years. Or should I go for the slightly taller Kroma-R with the replacement battery option?

I would only be vaping between 10-14 watts with either a 1.2 or 1.6ohm coil so of course battery life is important.

Would just like to have some suggestions on which would be the better option and of course a small and convenient set up as I'm so over carrying around duel 18650 mods with a huge RTA around.

Also just a wild card the aspire tigon tank is also very good my wife uses one with a 1.2ohm coil vaping at 8 watts on an eleaf Melo mod and that's going strong even almost 2 years on.

Vaping for me now is about easily portability and convenience.

I just want to MTL now.

Sorry for the essay haha.

Many thanks in advance. X

Depends if size and weight is the most important issue. I have the Kroma R mod. Can't fault it for build quality and looks. It isn't the lightest mod though for it's size, especially with an 18650 inside. I still recommend it though.
As for the tank, personally I would go for the Ares 2 RTA. Great flavour and airflow options, and so easy to build.

Kroma-a was my first mod and it’s still in daily use 2.5 years later, battery still lasts a couple of days vaping at 15w, love it and never had an issue with it. Can’t comment on the Kroma-r yet, but I have one on order

I had the kroma a mod and it only lasted 4 months before it stopped working completely,Fwiw thought it was a bit on the heavy side.I now have a geek aegis mini mod and an eleaf istick t80.Both are better than the kroma a imo.

I, too, have a Kromer-R on order, but I collect mods.

Does depend on your budget but, I'd strongly recommend JAC Vapour's Series-B DNA 75W. 18650 battery is replaceable.
I'm that impressed I have both the Black Edition and Sandstorm. The DNA 75 chip is excellent, although I hear that the DNA 75C is even better.
evolv software allows customisation and updates. Will take a Tigon, even with a bubble tank, and looks good with the 2ml Zlides. The 4ml Zlides are just a wee bit too large for the mod, just like the Nautilus GT.
DSCN2426.JPG

2ml Zlide and Tigon with bubble, 3.5ml, tank, and bishop drip tip.

DSCN2431.JPG
Tigon and Nautilus GT, with 4.2ml tank.

DSCN2435.JPG
Tigon and JAC S22 Navy/Blue tank with drip tip adaptor and blue stab wood tip.

POTV15 gets you 15% off on,
https://www.jacvapour.com/

I'm an experienced caper

Would welcome your comments on 'capering'...:grin2:

Attachments

• DSCN2436.JPG
    DSCN2436.JPG
    369.6 KB · Views: 86
I, too, have a Kromer-R on order, but I collect mods.

Does depend on your budget but, I'd strongly recommend JAC Vapour's Series-B DNA 75W. I'm that impressed I have both the Black Edition and Sandstorm. The DNA 75 chip is excellent, although I hear that the DNA 75C is even better. evolv software allows customisation and updates. Will take a Tigon, even with a bubble tank, and looks good with the 2ml Zlides. The 4ml Zlides are just a wee bit too large for the mod, just like the Nautilus GT.
View attachment 221084

2ml Zlide and Tigon with bubble, 3.5ml, tank, and bishop drip tip.

View attachment 221086
Tigon and Nautilus GT, with 4.2ml tank.

View attachment 221087
Tigon and JAC S22 Navy/Blue tank with drip tip adaptor and blue stab wood tip.

POTV15 gets you 15% off on,
https://www.jacvapour.com/

I'm an experienced caper

Would welcome your comments on 'capering'...:grin2:

I know I am coming to this late but I do like the removable batteries so you don't get caught short while out and about. I have one in the mod and 2 in a box in my bag?
"Why not one spare?" you say.

If I am out on the lash and the mod battery runs out I swap it out but may not remember to put the empty one on charge that night. I will then forget until the mod runs low again and can charge 2 while using the additional spare.

As for the tank I can't help you there but agree I do like the consistancy and flavour of the zlide tanks/coils though for my juice I find 6.5W plenty on a 1.6 coil as I use a .6 nicotine concentration over a .3.
I have found this stretches the refil time, lowers overall cost and gives the same hit with less cloud.

Back
Top Bottom