What's new

I'm scared thought on this

One underage smoker/vaper who should not have been doing either. Tens, maybe hundreds of millions of adults vape without a problem.

You're many times more likely to get that sick from a peanut or other food allergy but no-one is talking about banning food.

It's a shame, but the lad had an allergic reaction. Extremely rare and falls into the 5% not safer than smoking that Public Health England still support. Still means vaping is 95% safer than smoking. This was also pre-TPD regulations, things have changed alot since early 2017.

Call me a synic though that it's taken over 2 and a half years for this to hit the press and seems the lad has sold this story left, right and centre. Why now I wonder....

This just make thinks the witch hunt against vaping is getting bigger.

Absolute agree with the peanut butter allergy scenario

I suppose its a case this could happen to anyone, the same as eating a food and getting an allergy etc?

The BBC taking the piss again...not 100 percent proof it was caused by vaping..but because he vaped we will say that caused it.

I'm allergic to certain brands of washing powder. One wash of my clothes and I puff up like a lobster. Caused untold issue's when working in the US and using laundry services.
Every day dozens of people end up hospitalized due to finding they're allergic to something the first time the breathe, touch or ingest that something.
Sad stuff that they've had to go back pre tpd to dig up that one person to point at.
As I said in another thread, people have been hospitalized for decade's after trying smoking for the first time only to find they're deadly allergic to one or more of the thousands of active ingredients.
Vaping is a smoking cessation tool. If you've smoked then there's very little chance your going to be allergic to eliquid with it's handful of ingredients unless you already know you have allergies.
Like anything we try for the first time from washing powder to penicillin to snickers bar's. There's a possibility of an allergic reaction but vaping isn't aimed at people to try for fun, Again, it's a bloody smoking cessation tool.

There was this kid once, got impaled on a metal fence and died. We still use metal fences.

Last year, 26,610 people were killed or seriously injured on the roads. Unless I’ve missed a big news story this morning - we still allow cars and lorries.

The message is clear and simple: if you don’t smoke then don’t vape. If you do smoke then you are likely to be one of tobacco’s casualties. If you switch to vaping you’re more likely to die in a car accident instead.

Back
Top Bottom