What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ignite 600 Disposable only lasted half a day! Are all disposables this unreliable?

They don't want to invest the time or money in anything that takes effort to learn or maintain

Time? I can't see why it takes very long at all to learn how to push in a coil, squeeze a bottle and press a button...

Money? Let's actually look at this...

The ignite 600 (ignore the puff count, it's irrelevant) contains 2ml of 20mg juice and appears to be around £6 each online.

A 10ml bottle of 20mg juice is what, £4? Locally I can get 4 for a tenner, but singles for the sec...

A reliable and simple pen or pod, £15?

So say £20 for a refillable, rechargeable vape including 10ml of juice (local vape shops usually chuck in a bottle or two when you buy even a cheap device, but excluding that).

So, for the price of less than 3.5 disposables you get the equivalent of 5.

Once you have that, it costs you less than the price of 1, for the equivalent of 5.

If people really can't work that out and complain about the price of non-disposable devices then maybe they should consider smoking - the world is overcrowded anyway so a little herd thinning of the most stupid wouldn't hurt...

I don't use them but it seems that many of them are stating misleading 'puff numbers'

This is from the Geek Bar website, they claim 575 puffs, but if you read the small print that's based on 1.5s puffs. A recent poll on the forum revealed that the majority of vapers take a draw of around 3 seconds, which would probably result in the actual number being around half that stated.

View attachment 255795

.... so there's that.

But they are a complete rip off anyway in my opinion, spend a little more and buy something that can be recharged and refilled.

You paid £6?

I would recommend one of these for £4 more.

https://innokinshop.co.uk/product/innokin-endura-m18-kit/

Ahhhhhh so that's what the poll was about! Makes perfect sense now.

Thanks for doing the research Si, mind if I pinch the details and use them when talking to disposable users?

Ahhhhhh so that's what the poll was about! Makes perfect sense now.

Thanks for doing the research Si, mind if I pinch the details and use them when talking to disposable users?

Of course not. :)

I just read that on their site and thought 'hang on, nobody takes 1.5 second puffs do they?' If you are going to advertise an 'approximate puffs' number as a selling point, I think it should be based in some kind of reality of how people actually vape. :D

It's misleading.

why not stop selling them then? :)
Unfortunately that's not my call and they sell very well, I cant share too much of an opinion either for obvious reasons ;)

I will share that the plastic wastage concerns me, alongside the batteries inside going to landfills.

@pdg such an eloquent use of words to sum it up nicely at the end there :rotflmao:
Im sure you already know but I'm just sharing the reasons I've heard for not wanting to use ecigs over disposables, they aren't my opinions. Your time/cost analogy could be useful, if I can find a way to convey that without being patronising, I'm in a position currently where I can guide customers away from disposables

I just read that on their site and thought 'hang on, nobody takes 1.5 second puffs do they?' If you are going to advertise an 'approximate puffs' number as a selling point, I think it should be based in some kind of reality of how people actually vape. :D

It's misleading.

After reading the posts above I tried taking 1.5 second MTL puffs - I had to take 2 or 3 of them...

1.5 seconds on DTL next - yeah, let's not try that again.

batteries inside going to landfills

I took some stuff to the scrapyard earlier today...

I was chatting with the owner (driving an old land rover starts all sorts of conversations) and it turns out they had a fire in the mixed iron roro skip last week.

After 3 commercial size fire extinguishers they emptied it out to find the cause, not wanting a repeat performance - it was a vape... Not sure whether it was actually a disposable or not, but they do contain a lithium cell.

That was 3 extinguishers. Which may not have actually had any effect as it might have burned itself out - a lack of external fuel being surrounded by iron.

Would you want that to happen in your kitchen bin?

It's misleading.

I've got two devices sat next to me at minute, Hastur Mini with a 1.0 coil and a Odis O Atty with a 0.2.

Just tried a 1.5s draw on both. Completely pointless. Barely produces any vaper and definitely doesn't give you any sort of hit.

Call me a cynic but it's almost like they picked 1.5s in order to make the device appear to last longer.... :13:

. Your time/cost analogy could be useful, if I can find a way to convey that without being patronising

Well, I'd probably recommend you don't call them stupid - unless they really deserve it ;)

Any more recreational maths required - you know where I am :D

Back
Top Bottom