What's new

Ignite 600 Disposable only lasted half a day! Are all disposables this unreliable?

Just a heads up. I bought two of those discounted pods as backups. Both were DOA so sent them back. Just this minute had a reply from Innokin that they're refunding me as they've had issues with a few of those discounted pods and they don't want to send potentially dud replacements.

That sucks .... :(

Glad I have a couple already.

What are you thinking? Battery failure because they've been sat not being charged for so long?

That sucks .... :(

Glad I have a couple already.

What are you thinking? Battery failure because they've been sat not being charged for so long?
Yeah, for sure, imo. Not that old but only small batteries and the fastest way to kill a battery is to discharge it too much and leave it for any length of time.

And I don't know if batteries are shipped from the manufacturer fully charged or partially charged?

Don't think they're meant to sit on the shelf for too long either way.

Last edited:
One of the worst things about these devices is the lottery of battery life and there's no way of knowing how much charge is left in them.

Shelf life can be a factor as the basic circuit is in an 'always on' state which drains a miniscule amount per day but it all adds up over time.

I had to record the puff amount recently, the only way I could do it was to tandem vape device with a puff counter and vaped for 2 seconds per puff, results were varied between 300 to 450 puffs on a 600 puff rated device.

On the plus side; these downfalls make it easier to persuade folks into switching to 'normal' vapes and many starter kits are pretty faff free these days (Vaporesso XROS Mini for example).

Yeah, for sure, imo. Not that old but only small batteries and the fastest way to kill a battery is to discharge it too much and leave it for any length of time.

And I don't know if batteries are shipped from the manufacturer fully charged or partially charged?

Don't think they're meant to sit on the shelf for too long either way.

Every one I've had was partially charged, same as when you buy an 18650.

Every one I've had was partially charged, same as when you buy an 18650.
Yeah, same as. But I don't know if they leave the factory that way. Could leave partially charged or could partially discharge between factory to end buyer?

If they leave the factory partially charged then I'm not surprised at all that after x months on a shelf some are dead.

Yeah, same as. But I don't know if they leave the factory that way. Could leave partially charged or could partially discharge between factory to end buyer?

If they leave the factory partially charged then I'm not surprised at all that after x months on a shelf some are dead.

That's a good point... I don't know.

In the case of a disposable it has to be fully charged because there's no way of charging it afterwards.

So every month it sits there in the warehouse, in transport, in distros, in shops, or at home... it's going to be losing charge isn't it?

That's a good point... I don't know.

In the case of a disposable it has to be fully charged because there's no way of charging it afterwards.

So every month it sits there in the warehouse, in transport, in distros, in shops, or at home... it's going to be losing charge isn't it?
Sure is.

.. and I guess the smaller the capacity, the worse that effect will be?

So something like a 3,000mah built in battery mod will 'survive' sat for a very long time before it reaches a critical voltage level, a 500mah cell would drop below a unrecoverable voltage much quicker.

I didn't think about this before but it's interesting for sure.

That's an interesting comparison @Simon G - 48 cigarettes!
With the amount of time we got from it she would have had 2 maybe 3 cigarettes at a push.

Also......

Don't you work in a vape shop

Is this question part of your product knowledge research?

Partly yes, I'm intrigued by them and I'm concerned people are going to try and return them. Id wager we got 50-60 puffs from it.
We have a surprising number of customers who spend £30+ purely on disposables and swear by them. A few have pointed out that the GeekBar's are the only ones they recommend as they last as long as advertised.
I've only been there a few days but I've managed to convert a few to a basic pod system and they seem happy :)

Just a heads up. I bought two of those discounted pods as backups. Both were DOA so sent them back. Just this minute had a reply from Innokin that they're refunding me as they've had issues with a few of those discounted pods and they don't want to send potentially dud replacements.

The specific one we brought was £6 down from £7 as it was the last of the Ignite branded disposables, this may explain it along with the other comments about.

Anyway having a backup is all well and good but you know what its like with a long term partner, she isn't interested in anything I suggest :18: @Vapaneezer Scrooge has slightly more luck, its just a matter of finding something she sticks with. She has a similar attitude to alot of our customers who spend alot of money with us on disposables. They don't want to invest the time or money in anything that takes effort to learn or maintain, they just want something that works consistently with no input whatsoever. They consider alot of vapes over the top/geeky and are rarely willing to try them or consider it a hobby they have no interest in

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom