What's new

If you owned a Supreme, would you buy an Aromamizer V2 ?

Steam Crave should get a vaping industry award for confusing the fuck out of potential customers by calling all their RDAs and RDTAs Aromamizers.
RDAs aside, it then gets worse with all these different RDTAs.

Mid 2015
The RDTA v1 is 23mm and bottom fill. The AFC was a silicone band.

Early 2016
The RDTA v2 has a different top cap to take a 510 drip tip and a metal AFC. Still bottom fill.
The Supreme v1 is 25mm, with top fill and JFC. It comes with a V-deck though a postless deck is also available and a single coil deck is currently in testing.

Mid 2016
The Supreme Lite is 23mm, otherwise identical in design to the Supreme. It only has the V-deck option.

Early 2017
The Plus is a 30mm atty, comes with a postless deck though a V-deck will be released imminently if not already. It's modular in design and can be used as a dripper, or a tank in 5ml, 10ml or 20ml formats. (5ml reduction and 20ml extension kits are separate, it comes with 10ml tank in the box.)

The Supreme v2 is a 25mm version of the Plus. The Supreme v1 decks are fully compatible. It's a 5ml tank though an 8ml extension kit is currently in testing.

How to choose you Aromamizer RDTA?
If you want great flavour in a 23mm tank with a restricted lung hit, get the RDTA v2. These are cheap now, around £10-15

If you want great flavour in a 23mm tank with more airflow and top fill, get the Supreme Lite. These are harder to find.

Don't buy the Supreme v1

If you want great flavour in a 25mm tank with top fill and big, unbelievably smooth airflow get a Supreme v2. If you want to build big (>3mm ID) use the postless deck. You're looking at about £25-35

If you have a mod that can take a 30mm atty, and want everything the Supreme v2 does but with even more airflow, juice capacity and with even bigger builds, get the Plus. Expect to pay £30-40

Fortunately, I have them all but if I could only have one it would be the Supreme v2

@scrumpox
Excellent. Everything I needed to know

The decision is made

Rdta V2 it is
And the supreme V2

I like different things on different days
Thanks buddy

Lol. I'm still confused even after @scrumpox detailed post. I'm pretty sure mine is the V2. It has a 510 drip tip, is bottom fill and has the velocity style deck but mine has the rubber band for the AFC and not the metal one! It's like a mix of the 2 :D

I'm sure I've read somewhere that you can get a plug for the deck to make a single coil build. Anyone know where you can get one of these? I'd be quite interested to try it but never managed to find one

Lol. I'm still confused even after @scrumpox detailed post. I'm pretty sure mine is the V2. It has a 510 drip tip, is bottom fill and has the velocity style deck but mine has the rubber band for the AFC and not the metal one! It's like a mix of the 2 :D

I'm sure I've read somewhere that you can get a plug for the deck to make a single coil build. Anyone know where you can get one of these? I'd be quite interested to try it but never managed to find one

I found single coil plugs from Steamcrave themselves.
£2,50 a pop if I remember correctly but £7,50 postage.
£10 for a silicone plug, Nah, I'll get my coat.....

That sounds as though it is the RDTA V1?

Steam Crave offered the upgrade parts separately, so that v1 owners could update their atty as they wanted rather than have to shell out for a complete atty. Sounds like the one you've got has the v2 top cap but has retained the v1 chamber. A lot of v1 owners, including me, left the silicone band in the box ... so the chamber has all 4 airholes completely open. A lot of the v2 owners have also ditched the metal AFC as it traps condensation and coil spit back.

The single coil plugs have not had good reviews, they work OK but not brilliantly, IMHO. The new single coil deck for the Supreme v1 and v2 shows great promise. I has large posts/air ducts to reduce the chamber volume and direct the air more effectively at a centrally positioned coil.

I have a "secret" prototype for testing right now which has a glass chamber and bottom fed airflow. The glass chamber has a noticeable effect on flavour production. I'm trying to persuade Steam Crave to redesign it as a single coil atty, potentially for MTL vapers. It'll need quite a lot of redesign so it won't be imminent ... if it gets released at all. :)

Back
Top Bottom