What's new

ICR18350 battery

anthonyb

Achiever
Just been rummaging in the vamo box, that arrived last Friday. And came across a couple of new icr18350 batteries.
I've looked up the icr bit. And now i'm not to sure.
Something tells me not to stack these things, like I do my imr's.

Question.
Are these things safe enough to use, single in the vamo v5. Or would a funeral down the garden be better.?

The nice hard box the kit came in has. " eGo Variable Volt/Watt APV " Stamped in silver across the top.
And the vamo v5 has "RoHs CE" etched into it, on the opposite side to the screen.

The charger and wall plug that where in the box, are straight in the spares draw.
I'm just not sure of these batteries.

icr are safe to use in the vamo as it's protected

the c mean cobalt chemistry

you can stack them in a vamo also that's why it comes with 2 of them

all that will happen is the voltage remaining will be higher

8.3v to 6.4 will be the operating range when stacked

If you decide to shift em, I'm interested:2thumbsup:

ICR is a bog standard Lithium Ion battery and they're fine to use. IIRC the batteries Vamos ship with are grey 18350 flat tops.

IMR batteries are better to use in a VV/VW regulated device but this is because they handle the power drain better and so will last longer, it's not cos they're safer.
Vamos have safety stuff built into them which is better anyway.

Thanks for the heads up, beautiful people. You learn a little more about vaping each day.
I do quite happily stack batteries in the SVD, and would have used the imr's in the vamo anyway.
Just wasn't to sure about these one's, even though I did read up before posting.

Back
Top Bottom