What's new

I broke my window! Help!

Purplefowler

Administrator
Staff member
What a day! My original old provari has been mucking about recently, sometimes it fires, sometimes not and sometimes the button flickers. It's my fault for dropping it several times on my kitchen tiles. Normally giving it a shake sorts it out so I figured it's just a loose wire or something. Well today it just wasn't having any of it so I tapped it on my steering wheel and......ping! Something went flying off! Shit! Oh shit shit shit! The window had caved in and the tinsy screw had flown out! At first I thought I'd caved in the whole led bit and had totally ballsd it but luckily it still sort of worked! At least it now gave me the excuse to take it apart so a quick search on YouTube I found a vid by glen showing how to remove the end cap and remove the board. Scary stuff but success! It came apart easily and I think when I originally dropped it I must have dislodged a bit of the fixing glue and it must have been effecting the contact for the button! All back together and working faultlessly again!
But the window is jiggered! The main bit is fine but the bits the screws go into have come off so my question is what should I do now? I could glue it but don't know which glue to use and I've got a habit of gluing my fingers together, lol! At the moment I have a very sexy bit of Sellotape over the gap to stop any crud getting in it but would like to sort out something better. I've had a look on tinternet an although provape can supply a new window it costs a fortune and they usually don't turn up. Once my new one arrives this is going to be my back up but customs seem to have taken a liking to it! What a day!!!

Oh damn!

Do you have the window bit?

If so take it all apart again and from the top... use a bit of clear silicone around the window bit, use some tweezers and slide it in place with some pressure let it dry then silicone the edges on the outside bit too. Wiping away any excess.

If anything it will make it water proof and add some "shock absorbing" to the window bit. will be a bit messy but not as bad as super gluing your mod to your hands!

+1 with the Megmiester silicon is your friend

Didn't think of silicon! Now where the hell has my OH hidden it! I have to say I'm even more impressed with provaris after seeing the insides, the quality of the board and all the little soldering bits is really nicely done (my oh is an engineer and is always repairing boards so I get to see loads of them as he seems to think I care, lol!). I can see why they are as bullet proof as they are! Cheers for the help, there should be enough of an edge on it to get it to stick :D

And you get a good few minutes to free yourself from the silicone before it sets!!!

When I find the silicon I'll take a photo so for those who wondered what they looked like inside can see what I mean :D

Back
Top Bottom