What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How often do your replace your batteries?

Cromulent

Initiate
My 18650 batteries are starting to get a bit old and was wondering how often people change their batteries? I tend to drain 2 18650 batteries a day while using half of another two 18650 batteries and I have 8 batteries to rotate through. All of them are Samsung 30Q batteries.

I have 2, 18650 and 1 21700
The 18650s last around 2 days each and the 21700 about 2 days and 1 night .. been using them for about a year still going strong

My 18650 batteries are starting to get a bit old and was wondering how often people change their batteries? I tend to drain 2 18650 batteries a day while using half of another two 18650 batteries and I have 8 batteries to rotate through. All of them are Samsung 30Q batteries.
They do have a charge life like example of 1000 charges before replacement..it’s all down to condition and holding a charge etc..for me batteries are cheap enough now to replace without burning a hole in your pocket..so if you have had good use out of your current batteries maybe it’s time t update and refresh to new ones...
It’s also safety first old batteries while may charge and work okay they can become dangerous..

I retired some of mine this year, they were getting on for 2 years old.

I replace every 6-8 months, I did think cycle life was around 300 charges but maybe I’m wrong on that...

I won't really use any battery after it gets past 18 months old.

Usually keep my eyes peeled for a sale on Fogstar then buy a few to bring into rotation, that way I've always got fairly new batteries. Currently have 16 18650s but 2 of those are due for disposal soon, disposed of 4 last month aswell but picked up 2 VTC5As from a recent Fogstar deal.

Mine are all fairly fresh, 8 x Samsung 25r and a pair of Samsung 20s. I pass all my old cells on to the Mrs, think she has about 10 x 25r, a couple of them must be approaching 4 years old but they still charge and discharge properly at her chosen 19w so she won't get rid of any!

I replace my 18650s when they have lost so much capacity it becomes a chore constantly recharging them. Or when the wrapping becomes damaged.
With 26650s I'm not sure... I haven't been using them very long and they are behaving differently so I'm in suck-it-and-see mode on those.

Back
Top Bottom