What's new

How many hours per week do you spend on wicking, coiling, etc?

How many hours per WEEK do you spend wicking, coiling, etc?

• Total voters
I wake up to a fresh built RDA every morning because I like to and wire and cotton is cheap, and I'll rewick 2 or 3 attys a day including the Mrs stuff so I reckon I'm in at about 15 to 20 minutes a day on a normal day

That would seem to make it a dumb poll. I am clearly the only one who spends over 1 hour a week doing it (except @mattyk2010 , and only just). Lol.

I also seem to be incredibly slow at doing it. How the hell do you coil up and rewick 3 atties in 15 minutes? Are ye a superman, or am I just a gump?

Since I've had my Rebirth I hardly ever have to. I wick it once a week if I think it needs it. Since switching to NI80 my coils don't seem to gunk up so i can see the ones I have in lasting months. My kylin Mini I was wicking all the time trying to fix something which was inherently broken to start with.

Rewicking my crown coil takes 3 or mins a time but last for weeks. All rta tanks a minute or two.

I always have two or three set ups on the go, with different juices and vape on average 24mls per day. All my atties are rebuildable.
A wick will last roughly a week and a coil build up to six months. I rewick when the flavour drops off which is well before they've gunked up. In fact, the only time coils gunk is the rare occasion when I'll try a premade juice, it's alarmingly noticeable how badly they will gunk coils compared with my DIY juices.

With my Aromamizers I have more decks than atties, so I will switch in a fresh deck when I need a new wick. I'll dry burn and rewick 3 or 4 decks every month or so which takes about 30-40 minutes including the ultrasonic cycles.

half an hour a month maybe? .... that's how long it usually takes me to wash, coil and wick 6 corollas.

I have 2 tanks on the go, clean/rewick coil every 2-3 days , around 10 to 15 minutes for both. I don't really understand rewicking a dirty coil. I don't really agree it's easier to throw in a new coil than clean a coil either. Take wick out, wipe off the majority of the gunk with tissue,knock a little more off with a sharp edge, little heat for any residual and rewick. That's a hell of a lot easier than unscrewing a coil, making a new coil, placing the new coil in, screw it down, adjust adjust adust, snip ends. I'm not suprised you're rewicking to get a fresh taste if you're putting the new wick in a dirty coil, that doesn't make any sense to me.

For general vaping I would rewick a tank about every 10 days or so unless I change juice. RDA's would be more like every 2 to 3 days.
I'm trying to learn to build at the moment and have a few RDA's that I use to try my builds so I'm constantly rebuilding these.

That would seem to make it a dumb poll. I am clearly the only one who spends over 1 hour a week doing it (except @mattyk2010 , and only just). Lol.

I also seem to be incredibly slow at doing it. How the hell do you coil up and rewick 3 atties in 15 minutes? Are ye a superman, or am I just a gump?

lol, seriously what are you doing?

20 mins fucking about fluffing your cotton to perfection?

Back
Top Bottom