What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How long do your mods last?

I'd disagree with earlier ones being less reliable. Obviously many early models where small companies making stuff to industrial strength so when the likes of innokin and aspire started making mass produced stuff it was pretty well made.
You'll still find an awful lot of itaste's, coolfire's and mpv's still in use.
It was the subsequent boom when every Chinese dildo maker started a vaping production line that quality dropped through the floor.
Even the original smok stuff was reliable.
Early sigelei and ipv mods were incredibly robust and well spec'd with yihi boards, sturdy solder work and tough casing's. I know quite a few vapers who covert older ipv's. Then they went very wrong for a while.

So it's been more of a wave then - pretty good initially, dropping off as production ramped up, then getting a bit better again for a little while and recently (seemingly) repeating the not so good trough?

I've still got 2 coolfire 4 plus(s) that were used every day for 2 year's. They're a lot older than that now. Also have 2 vt inboxes that I've been using daily for about 2 years and still work flawlessly. However, my 2 gboxes only lasted about 6 months before dying on me with no warning.

The mechs I use at home I think will pretty much last forever and I still have a rx200 that is battered but over 3 years old now
At work I seem to go through about 4 or 5 a year [emoji853]

So it's been more of a wave then - pretty good initially, dropping off as production ramped up, then getting a bit better again for a little while and recently (seemingly) repeating the not so good trough?
Very much like everything else in production.
Mass production copies the original well made quality products at a lower price point due to mechanized mass production.
The production company then gradually drops quality to offer cheaper prices still and make better profits until the consumer refuses to buy anymore.
Then we see "premium" brands appear from the mass producers like lost vape and asmodus/ultron, yihi sx, at a higher price point with even better quality that slowly drops and follows the above model.
Very few Chinese manufacturers haven't dropped a dog at some time but some like innokin, vaporesso, aspire and eleaf do keep attempting to up the quality and innovation.

Back
Top Bottom