What's new

How I wick the Wotofo Profile Unity

"Hollow"

Postman
I thought this may help out others who might need help wicking the profile unity.
It is my favourite rta and also the easiest to build and wick. The way is vapes reminds me of a mesh pro or falcon but a bit more flavour. Perfect at 65 Watts, it is on the cooler side but there's no ramp up, just like a mesh sub tank.

First I use 3/4 of a cotton bacon or similar cotton strip.
20190414_231619.jpg

I then cut the cotton flush against the base.
20190414_231803.jpg

Then cut the wick from the bottom at an angle so the top of the cut is in line with the wick slots.
20190414_231933.jpg

Stuff the bottom of the wick into the wick slots and then saturate the cotton and you should be left with something like this.
20190414_232346.jpg

Now you should never get any leaking even when filling it to the brim.

Hope this helps out others who are struggling.

Last edited:
I thought this may help out others who might need help wicking the profile unity.
It is my favourite rta and also the easiest to build and wick. The way is vapes reminds me of a mesh pro or falcon but a bit more flavour. Perfect at 65 Watts, it is on the cooler side but there's no ramp up, just like a mesh sub tank.

First I use a piece of Fuzz cotton ripped in half down the middle, which I find is the perfect amount.
View attachment 190043

View attachment 190044

Then cut the wick from the bottom at an angle so the top of the cut is in line with the wick slots.
View attachment 190045

Stuff the bottom of the wick into the wick slots and then saturate the cotton and you should be left with something like this.
View attachment 190047

I have mine ariving today. Very helpful post. I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on.

Haven't bought a tank for a while and really looking forward to this one.

....So I built this one last night. Easy build and wick as you say. I must say the flavour is outstanding on this rta. Also very smooth with no popping or gurgling. The only issue I had was not pushing the tails down to completely cover the juice well. This resulted in leaking when filling. Quickly rectified and now no leaking. Great rta

Love my SS Unity so much, I have ordered another one in black. Nice instructional post @Martin Dadley . Recently got some Cotton bacon prime and wicked it with that. Awesome flavour and vape experience. Don't think it matters whose cotton you use as long as its tight as a lady vicars knickers. The Unity is the star here, not the cotton.

I've got the wotofo mesh in mine at the moment and finding it a wetter but a bit cooler vape, pretty good at 50 watts.
Quite a nice match on the nunchaku. I've also installed a second spring under the ceramic piece to keep the cotton tighter to the mesh
20190505_152304.jpg

I've been wicking this way since the RDA was released. Dead easy to adapt to the Unity, just trim the sides less as you need all that surface area for the secondary juice holes.

First I use a piece of Fuzz cotton ripped in half down the middle, which I find is the perfect amount.
View attachment 190043

View attachment 190044

View attachment 190045

View attachment 190047

Thanks Martin.
Just rewicked it using nex mesh and cotton bacon , exactly how your pics suggested. Well I think I did lol.
Perfect so far, hopefully it will stay this way.

Thanks Martin.
Just rewicked it using nex mesh and cotton bacon , exactly how your pics suggested. Well I think I did lol.
Perfect so far, hopefully it will stay this way.
Dry hit! Urgh!
Also noticed the resistance going up on the coil?
Damn you mesh!

If your getting dry hits, remove the build deck and if the wick is still wet you haven't got it tight enough through the mesh.
If the cotton is looking dry, cut the wick a bit shorter that goes into the wick slots so there is a small gap, and make sure if isn't really tight and stuffed into the wick slot, nice and fluffy. That's how wet my wick looks after pulling out the build deck. I would say I've used 3/4 of a strip of cotton bacon. I've updated the original post as I found half a piece isn't thick enough.
20190505_164842.jpg

What wattage are you using?

Last edited:
I use a full strip & fluff it a bit before wicking. Never had a dry hit on the Unity & only borderline on the RDA coz I forgot to squonk. When you wick it soak the cotton well before reassembly as you will spot any sagging before it's too late.

Back
Top Bottom