What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How are you getting on with your 4nine?

oldhippydude

Veteran
For the past 7 months or so I have mostly been vaping my two brass 4nine clones with my tobh v2 and igo-l I have several of each.
Since I was moving from Protank mini 2 & ego setups of course I loved them.
My thoughts now are,I still like the look, 18350 mode with a drilled out igo-l is my favourite slightly discrete setup.
Brass is a pita to keep clean and if you do not do it regular it really affects performance.
The threads on one of the hybrid connector is not as good as it was.I will therefore probably assign a tobh build deck to permanently live on the dodgy connector.
My other problem to be fixed is that after an autofire situation when I overheated the battery my magnets lost much of their power.The magnets I have to replace them Are slightly larger diameter so a bit of grindig of the magnet housings will be required.
I will continue to find a role for my 4nines though I am going to get another couple of ss nemesis clones (just got my first one a few weeks ago) but Even given the above problems I am not getting anything like the oomph I used to.I will try a vinegar soak because my brasso and wd40 regime is not getting the results it used to.

On both my 4nines (from 2 reputable uk vendors) much of the contact is between the magnets .It looks to my eye like the switch should work by contact between the raised steel ring on the bottom switch and the brass ring on the top switch.
You can see where the magnets are contacting the once shinny surface of the magnet is grey and rougher.I wonder if this is the source of some of the lost performance of these mechs.

So thats me and My 4nines.Still loved but requiring a bit of time to get them functioning properly again. What about you? Still using it? Still performing well? Fixes?Mods?Disasters?Whatever you want to say about 4nines clones or otherwise.

I've never owned a 4nine because I like a seamless connection and don't see the point of having a hybrid with a visible top cap.

Regarding your lack of ooomph, the cure for this is the XXIX rather than the Nemesis. Angelfiremods have the SXK version on offer at FT prices.

I don,t need huge amounts of oomph as my coils are in the .8 to 1.2 ohm range and the 4nine used to do it with ease. I am sure with a bit of bodging I can get reasonable performance.
The reason I am going the nemesis route is that they work been about ages and you can get spares.Reliability,repeatability and thus longevity are among my guiding lights after does it do the job.

I don,t need huge amounts of oomph as my coils are in the .8 to 1.2 ohm range and the 4nine used to do it with ease. I am sure with a bit of bodging I can get reasonable performance.
The reason I am going the nemesis route is that they work been about ages and you can get spares.Reliability,repeatability and thus longevity are among my guiding lights after does it do the job.

Sorry mate, but you did mention the lack of ooomph.

That's the sort of range I coil at, and you're right, you don't need much - even with a bit of voltage drop they get there eventually.

The reason I don't like Nemmies (or Stingrays) is the non-recessed switch, partly because I've never found one on these 2 mods that works smoothly.

Mine is working well.It is the most popular of the ft ones.I think a couple more like it and i will be sorted for quite a while, I hope.I do pick up a 4nine if I am going to be picking the mech up & down a lot because of the non recessed switch.

I love the form factor of the 4 nine but as I move on through my vaping less and less of my atties will fire on it. My kf4 came apart in my pocket yesterday because the positive screw Had to be undone so much that it wouldn't hold together with the juice control closed.

FastTech does various hybrid disks... have you thought about trying these. You should be able to find a thread size that fits on a 4Nine.

And fankly, I dn't know if it would make much difference if they are steel or copper, because the amount of surface area touching the atty means it is not going to be a voltage bottle neck. As they clamp the atty onto the top of the tube, you could probably make them from delrin.

FastTech does various hybrid disks... have you thought about trying these. You should be able to find a thread size that fits on a 4Nine.

And fankly, I dn't know if it would make much difference if they are steel or copper, because the amount of surface area touching the atty means it is not going to be a voltage bottle neck. As they clamp the atty onto the top of the tube, you could probably make them from delrin.

The next time I make an order I will do a search for 4nine compatible top caps.I already got them for the nem.

I had a similar issue with the magnets corroding on my Fasttech 4nine, and it definitely effects performance. I sent them photos about 5months after date of purchase and they sent me a new switch, which dramatically improved performance. Mine is copper rather than brass and gets cleaned with car polish and then the outer surface is finished with car wax to keep the green fingers at bay.

Back
Top Bottom