What's new

Hey hey, I've learnt to make some clouds

MissPopadop

Postman
Since starting to vape, I've used MTL but I won the Vaporesso Swag care package a few weeks back and when it arrived, I was determined to have a go with it because it looks really cool.

I was learning all about it this afternoon when suddenly I did a DTL vape. I've been thinking about how to do DTL for so long but never been able to take the leap and then suddenly there it was, crept in without a second thought and what a huge big cloud came out!! I've already banned myself from the house, way too much stickiness potential, ha ha.

Anyway, now I'll have to go on a bit of a mission with flavours. I've got Dinner Lady Blackberry Crumble in the tank at the moment at 6mg. I probs want to drop to 3mg for DTL and would like to give this tank a fair go. I can't say I'm getting the best flavour from the Blackberry Crumble (using .5 coil at 25 watts). Does anyone have any suggestions as to which flavours to try?

And what do the different ohm level coils provide in DTL? If I tried a .15 versus a .5 coil, what difference should I expect to experience?

I'll try putting a picture up of the Swag when I get a minute. It's grey and red and looks and feels really cool. The tank is a bit fiddly for my fingers but I'll give it some time before making a decision on it. I did put the Zlide on it earlier but didn't adjust the wattage and ended up trashing the coil. All part of the learning curve!

Is it the GT4 coil? The normal or the mesh? Like with MTL the coils all have wattage ratings and will give different airflow so it's about experimenting and seeing which suits you best!
As for flavours for DL my fav at the moment is Pink Burst by Prime Vapes, it's bloody heavenly and the only way I can describe it is that it tastes Pink! Out of stock ATM but more in on Friday I believe!

Its a big difference, when i first stopped trying to suck duck eggs through a hosepipe with the first kit i tried to be able to take a nice deep draw of flavour was a revelation..

Even though most of the DTL kit seems aimed at generating huge clouds by vaping at high watt levels, you dont need to go that far, imho you can maintain a very nice open flavour draw at significantly less power with sub ohm coils, the vapour is significantly less dense and not necessarily annoying or obscuring when exhaled..

I tend to vape a more DTL style but maintain power levels generally around 19-25w. now that may not work for you at all but you can experiment and find out for yourself with your new kit ;)

just start at 10w? take a toot or 2, if its meh, up the power by 4-5w try again etc, or start high and work down??? see if you find your own personal sweet spot, you may well discover your still taking a deep cool draw but are no longer blowing clouds too ;)

have fun with it..

Since starting to vape, I've used MTL but I won the Vaporesso Swag care package a few weeks back and when it arrived, I was determined to have a go with it because it looks really cool.

I was learning all about it this afternoon when suddenly I did a DTL vape. I've been thinking about how to do DTL for so long but never been able to take the leap and then suddenly there it was, crept in without a second thought and what a huge big cloud came out!! I've already banned myself from the house, way too much stickiness potential, ha ha.

Anyway, now I'll have to go on a bit of a mission with flavours. I've got Dinner Lady Blackberry Crumble in the tank at the moment at 6mg. I probs want to drop to 3mg for DTL and would like to give this tank a fair go. I can't say I'm getting the best flavour from the Blackberry Crumble (using .5 coil at 25 watts). Does anyone have any suggestions as to which flavours to try?

And what do the different ohm level coils provide in DTL? If I tried a .15 versus a .5 coil, what difference should I expect to experience?

I'll try putting a picture up of the Swag when I get a minute. It's grey and red and looks and feels really cool. The tank is a bit fiddly for my fingers but I'll give it some time before making a decision on it. I did put the Zlide on it earlier but didn't adjust the wattage and ended up trashing the coil. All part of the learning curve!
I've found the blackberry crumble to be a bit lacking in flavour too. Try the Strawberry Macaroon, it's gorgeous, also Berry Tart has a lovely flavour. Many on here have also recommended Lemon Tart.

Don't do DL myself, but if you want a lovely fruity vape try Supergood Bramble. Works equally well for MTL and DL with the appropriate VG/PG nic added.

Generally speaking the lower the resistance the more power needed to generate the vape, but very low resistance coils may be specifically for temp control? check the details and be mindful to use coils intended for TC in TC mode with your mod.

It's the ceramic CCell .5 ohm @ForestMagpie , recommended 25 to 35 watts and I've got the air flow about half open. It was the spare one that came in the box. The one that was installed was GT2, recommended 55 to 65 watts. I'll give that one a go when the CCell dies. It's a new learning curve for me and I fear two things......burning my mouth which happened a few times when I started vaping before I sorted my drip tips out and the taste I got when I had a bad Zenith coil (maybe down to me not priming properly or maybe down to a duff coil but it was the most horrible taste I have ever experienced). So I'm not the boldest when it comes to coils!

I shall have a look at the Pink Burst. I've looked at Prime Vapes a few times and think it's time to give them a go.

Thanks @fil that's a really good reality check and may help with my fear of getting burnt! I'm going to play with the wattage. I'm not so big into clouds, it was fun seeing them after my discreet (or is that discrete?) MTL vaping but it's not something I would get into big time. And you've prompted me to go back to my Aspire Pockex that I started with MTL but think I wanted to DTL with! And it will probably be more successful as DTL so I'm going to give it a try again too.

@Banjostring I'll give Berry Tart a go on my next juice order. I've had a really good experience with the Blackberry Crumble on my Think Vape Zeta so maybe it's not for every device.

@rew thanks, I saw you recommend that today, it sounds lovely. This is one for my future's list but I won't forget.

Thanks for all your input guys, it's really useful.

It's the ceramic CCell .5 ohm @ForestMagpie , recommended 25 to 35 watts and I've got the air flow about half open. It was the spare one that came in the box. The one that was installed was GT2, recommended 55 to 65 watts. I'll give that one a go when the CCell dies. It's a new learning curve for me and I fear two things......burning my mouth which happened a few times when I started vaping before I sorted my drip tips out and the taste I got when I had a bad Zenith coil (maybe down to me not priming properly or maybe down to a duff coil but it was the most horrible taste I have ever experienced). So I'm not the boldest when it comes to coils!

I shall have a look at the Pink Burst. I've looked at Prime Vapes a few times and think it's time to give them a go.

Thanks @fil that's a really good reality check and may help with my fear of getting burnt! I'm going to play with the wattage. I'm not so big into clouds, it was fun seeing them after my discreet (or is that discrete?) MTL vaping but it's not something I would get into big time. And you've prompted me to go back to my Aspire Pockex that I started with MTL but think I wanted to DTL with! And it will probably be more successful as DTL so I'm going to give it a try again too.

@Banjostring I'll give Berry Tart a go on my next juice order. I've had a really good experience with the Blackberry Crumble on my Think Vape Zeta so maybe it's not for every device.

@rew thanks, I saw you recommend that today, it sounds lovely. This is one for my future's list but I won't forget.

Thanks for all your input guys, it's really useful.
I'm mainly MTL but I occasionally DL using an SKRR tank which takes the same coils. I haven't used the CCell, I normally use the GT4 Mesh in the SKRR at 37 watts as that seems to be the sweet spot for me, any higher and it's too warm!
Pink Burst is amazing, I love it and as soon as it's back in stock I'll be ordering at least 3 bottles. I have a few GT coils I will never use so I will send them to you if you want? I'm due to send you a package (which I'll send on Friday) so I can stick them in there. I've also got a spare SKRR tank which I was gonna run a giveaway on but if you want that too you can have it. Enjoy the clouds!

Thanks @ForestMagpie that's another generous offer but I have a feeling that my zlide is gonna end up on top of the vaporesso after I've done with the sub ohm coils. My gut feel is that I prefer the MTL experience, it's more natural for me. You should go for the giveaway, there'll be someone who'll get more from it than I will right now. Thanks again though.

Supergood - no5 is incredible.

Back
Top Bottom