What's new

Help with wire/coils

26g cores will give you more resistance than 28g cores as the wire is thicker.
Wrong. 28AWG will be higher resistance than 26AWG. Thicker wire = less resistance.

To get a rough guide using per foot resistance is to determine total length of wire in the coil eg 4"(100mm). Divide the resistance by 3 (3*4=12).
Or divide the stated resistance by 12 & multiply by length of coil.

Heh, yeah, i figured it was something like that, before i found the calculater i was trying to extrapolate from an already coiled coil to a foot of straight coil without unwinding it. Had me doin sh@t like 3.1415*3mm then adding by how many wraps there were etc etc...way too much math, lol

I was just gonna resign myself to single strand round n80 until that calculator finally clicked in my head. I figure as long as i just stick to wire designed for vaping i can just ignore all the shit i dont understand like heat flux n crap like that

Last edited:
Heh, yeah, i figured it was something like that, before i found the calculater i was trying to extrapolate from an already coiled coil to a foot of straight coil without unwinding it. Had me doin sh@t like 3.1415*3mm then adding by how many wraps there were etc etc...way too much math, lol

I was just gonna resign myself to single strand round ni80 until that calculator finally clicked in my head. I figure as long as i just stick to wire designed for vaping i can just ignore all the shit i dont understand like heat flux n crap like that
Ignore me was still half asleep.

Back
Top Bottom