What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Help with Smok Stick V8

Kurkikohtaus

Just bought a Smok Stick V8, had a problem with it out of the box.

Charged it, filled the tank with liquid, and it would not fire when holding down the button. The LED around the firing button blinked 4 times, the maunal states that this indicates a short or an improper ohm atomizer. However, I am using the 0.4 that came pre-installed.

I found a work-around and that it is ever so slightly loosen the tank from the base, so that there is a sliver of daylight in between the components. Now it fires but it "crackles" very loud and the vapour is rather hot (although this could be just a question of what I'm used to, I'm coming from a Liqua 1.8 Ohm thin vaping pen).

Is there anything I can do that will allow me to screw the tank fully onto the base and still have the unit function?

8uFWF7L.jpg

If you just bought it and are not happy with it - take it back to where you got it from? You should be able to fully screw down the atomiser and not have to look for work arounds. Might just be a dodgy connection but if it's brand new then there's no reason why you should just put up with it - ask for an exchange :)

I would drain that tank, take it apart and re seat the coil as there is a good chance its not connecting properly.

As what @yappycat as said in the post above take it back to the shop it's not right having to loosen the atomizer to get it to function

definately sounds like its faulty or possibly a fake but that gap should not be there

I have the baby beast in my collection of tanks, I use the RBA with mine. You shouldn't have to leave a gap like that to be able to use the mod (I don't have the V8 stick, but it uses a normal 510 connection).

From looking at mine, it doesn't look like the baby beast or big baby's coils effects the length of the positive on the 510, if it did I would recommend changing the coil first.
You can try this, but I would take it back for an exchange if it is new as the female connection on the mod could be a bit dodgy.

Crackling or pops are pretty normal though from your tank or RDA. You mention a 0.4 Ohm coil came pre installed, I thought the V8 came with a 0.15 and 0.25 M2 coil? Are you using a different pack of coils for the tank?

.....You mention a 0.4 Ohm coil came pre installed, I thought the V8 came with a 0.15 and 0.25 M2 coil? Are you using a different pack of coils for the tank?

You're quite right @conanthewarrior - well spotted. The V8 is fixed voltage and the 0.15 & 0.25 M2 coils were specifically designed to be used with it.

The 0.4 was pre-installed and there is another spare 0.4 in the box. The box was plastic-wrapped and a special seal was not broken, so I doubt it was tampered with.

Is the screw on the bottom of the tank loose?
Try nipping it up see if that helps.
As for crackling this will happen less with higher VG liquids.

Back
Top Bottom