What's new

Help with MTL setup

I have the armour pro with a zlide tank on top (takes zenith coils) and 1.6ohm coil I havnt tried the 0.8ohm coils yet tho alot do prefer them.
so from the kit you already have id say pair the zenith tank with the armour pro or revenger

The zlide has already caught my attention when searching the web for MTL tanks so that’s on the shopping list

Apart from the zelos I think the other equipment I have is more sophisticated than I actually need and has put me off as it wasn’t working for me with all the settings. The pockex is a very simple unit with no settings and that was ok and then I have just tried to better my setup each time with more gear

Probably was a user error fitting the coil but it was a while back. I seem to remember liquid seeping out of the air holes and also some gurgling.
The ohm brew I have at the moment is Nic Salts but before it was just the normal stuff.

could be a duff zenith with a moody seal on lid allowing air in & upset the setup
coil drops in with lugs that align, it is a bit snug so careful alignment required
but air ring will have a gap in between tank & afc ring if coil not located correctly

any leak will allow the juice to begin to flow & flow leading to flooding & leaks
you might have duff zenith with moody lid seal ???

sometimes the zenith coil can have a very faint gurgle as they get old or if juice is a bit runny
flick or gently blow through the tank (modestly not blast it) will ensure the odd droplet disappears
doesn't happen that often, just on some juices or coils if they are getting on a bit
but really very faint gurgling - nothing like some real lemons I have had sounding like the dregs of a milkshake

you got a couple of decent tanks/setups - think it is pointing to juice but you tried other stuff you have said

either you just have bad luck with moody tanks/coils/juice or you are just jinxed
I'd try some decent juice highly recommended - so what's ya poison/flavour of juice ???

hopefully once you give a clue then others can chime with...

Try this or that - it is the nutz & works a dream with the XR-2300 & XR-2200 (airplane)
well that sort of crap is my hunch

The zlide has already caught my attention when searching the web for MTL tanks so that’s on the shopping list

IF you really want to buy the Zlide - though it is basically the same as Zenith
(same meat different gravy - I actually prefer the 4ml Zenith over my 2ml Zlide
but 90% of time I use RTA's these days & Zenith's are used if I'm charging my others)

but if you got a duff zenith and considering the zlide

consider this:

https://www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk/innokin-adept.html

that is about the cheapest deal with free juice on the adept-zlide kit setup
unless you order from China maybe

not saying buy more crap - but IF you was considering Zlide - well the full kit is on offer @ £34 with juice/del

Last edited:
I will be extra careful with the Zenith tank following your comments.

With regard to juice, I don’t like anything that replicates cigarette taste. Other than that most sweet flavours are fine with me

Looks like with a tweak here and there, the gear I have got will suffice for now and hopefully with some good liquid this will go some way to helping me stay with vaping.

I will be extra careful with the Zenith tank following your comments.

With regard to juice, I don’t like anything that replicates cigarette taste. Other than that most sweet flavours are fine with me

Looks like with a tweak here and there, the gear I have got will suffice for now and hopefully with some good liquid this will go some way to helping me stay with vaping.

you either had real bad luck or the juice so far hasn't been very compatible or the odd duff tank/coil
but to have a few setups & nowt floats your boat or works is a bit of strange one

some sweet juices & very dark juices can kill coils very quickly - like days instead of weeks
some juices don't work too good in some tanks but 50/50 should be ok in most general kits

are we talking sickly sweet, creamy deserts or fruity bollocks
(actually don't think fruity bollocks never caught on as a marketing success)

just if you narrow it down or list what you used/using somebody can chime in
certain flavours like Vampire Vapes Heisenberg are said by some to kill coils a bit quicker than other brands
(just giving example, what I have heard but not used VV myself)

you either had real bad luck or the juice so far hasn't been very compatible or the odd duff tank/coil
but to have a few setups & nowt floats your boat or works is a bit of strange one

some sweet juices & very dark juices can kill coils very quickly - like days instead of weeks
some juices don't work too good in some tanks but 50/50 should be ok in most general kits

are we talking sickly sweet, creamy deserts or fruity bollocks
(actually don't think fruity bollocks never caught on as a marketing success)

just if you narrow it down or list what you used/using somebody can chime in
certain flavours like Vampire Vapes Heisenberg are said by some to kill coils a bit quicker than other brands
(just giving example, what I have heard but not used VV myself)

Blueberry and strawberry are probably the best I’ve liked

Can you advise the settings you use the armour pro please. Just fired mine up and there are loads of settings. Probably most are not necessary. Not particularly keen on the slow build up to a draw on the unit - think CCW setting has something to do with this.?
I use vw-s mode at 10w with the 1.6ohm coil which is rated 10-14w.

the 3 vw modes are
vw-h (hard) ramps up power at start of draw then tails sown to set wattage
vw-n (normal) stays at set wattage (does nothing)
vw-s (soft) starts at lower power and ramps up to set wattage

so you would probably prefer the normal or hard setting. try all 3 of the above though to see wich you like best.
other than turning the clock off and adjusting screen brightness etc I dont use any of the other modes

Back
Top Bottom