What's new

Help with Coil builds.

Shaun98

Initiate
Hi, i have been making coils for a week or so and have a few issues with them.
Firstly i am using 28g kanthal wire with japanese cotton. basically what i do at the minute is i use a cw-30 coil wrapper tool and do about 6 wraps. then i heat the coils and squeeze them with pliers so there glowing from the middle out. then cut the extra ends.
then i pull the inside of the japanese cotton out cut a bit of the ends and twist them and put them through the coils.

i use a duel build on a mutation x - left coil will be in screw 1 and 3 and right coil in slot 2 and 4.

problems i am having are that the juice only gives me one or two puffs then tastes burnt. even when it does work with fresh juice it doesn't taste very nice.
i find that i can never get the coil legs into the slots without stretching the coil out and it goes one sided and just doesn't look right.

can anyone point me in the right direction. i had one coil built buy a guy in a local vape shop thats now closed and i tried to do an exact copy of what he done but somethings not right.

also just wondering what is the best gauge kenthal and best wick material?

Thanks for any help!

Space your coils. After you wrap the wire but whilst it's still on the tool pull the coil apart then squeeze it back together so there's gaps between each wrap. Also, cut the legs before you dry burn them.

Wrap your coil, put in the deck, cut ends, fire, strum and pinch, add cotton, wet cotton, put the tank on, fill, take a few draws, a few short fires and it should be good to go.
Check youtube for tutorials on spaced coils as well. Also, make sure the cotton isn't too tight and fluff it a lot.
You can find tutorials on builds for your specific tank as well on coil and cotton placement.
Make sure the coil lines up with the air holes and the cotton isn't too long.

Back
Top Bottom