What's new

Help!!! Utterly befuddled...

• Thread starter Deleted member 58360
  • Start date
I'm very close to just giving up for now tbh, it's just silly now.

Oh, and I've got a bit of a head from all the "I'll just try this"...

I think we're in an acceptable position, but I'm going to investigate further later, starting with measuring bloody everything inside next time the tanks come apart to check for variations that may affect juice flow or something - and I think I'll be looking more at the electrical side when I get around to it.

Y'know, I was really hoping for "oh yeah, it's this" and sorting it easily, but I just can't have easy problems :D
Thing is .... there IS an answer ... out there somewhere ...... :16:

Update:

So I've had both tanks apart, cannot find any differences in any dimension with the tools I have available - if there's any difference it's less than I can measure so I can't see it being a cause.

Coils measure physically and electrically identical (to the best of my measuring ability).

Wicking though...

I was quite careful to wick them the same, but it seems that either the cotton decided to sag differently or there was more of a density difference than I thought.

There was a visible (but not significant) difference in the appearance of the wicks. There wasn't the other day, but if the density was indeed different it'll obviously wick differently.

Must have been bloody right on the borderline though.

I'm putting it down to that...

This was the first time I'd used that particular amount of cotton too (following "advice"........) so I'll also return to how I had it before, like how I did it by making it up as I went along :D

Back
Top Bottom