What's new

Help!!! Utterly befuddled...

• Thread starter Deleted member 58360
  • Start date
Oh, also.

The punk runs a nunchaku tank at 40w fine too...

Right, as it stands.

I've now got the same juice, from the same bottle, in both tanks.

Nunchaku mod is still running both fine.

Punk is still dry hitting on the stainless but running the rainbow fine.

I have no idea as to the cause...

I do however have a solution.

I've told her to use the rainbow tank :D

Is it possible that something like a bit of swarf is loose in the SS tank and is only causing a problem occasionally? The only happening on one mod thing could just be accidental? Scraping the bottom of the barrel here, I know ...... :8:

Bugger. Just a thought.

Oh no, it was a sensible thought.

A variation in the pin length, coupled with a variation in the socket depth could very well have accounted for it easily - the nunchaku could've contacted both fine but if the punk was more picky over length...

I can't see it being that picky though ;)

Is it possible that something like a bit of swarf is loose in the SS tank and is only causing a problem occasionally? The only happening on one mod thing could just be accidental? Scraping the bottom of the barrel here, I know ...... :8:

I can't say it's completely impossible, but it's extremely unlikely.

I'm really picky myself about keeping it all absolutely clean, they've both been through the ultrasonic a few times since I bought them, I strip, clean and dry fully every time I rebuild or rewick.

Is it only dry hitting for one of you? Like is one of you taking a 5 second toot compared to the other's 2 second toot? I'm thinking it's the juice/wicking but I really have no clue and I'm half-asleep :5:

I can't say it's completely impossible, but it's extremely unlikely.

I'm really picky myself about keeping it all absolutely clean, they've both been through the ultrasonic a few times since I bought them, I strip, clean and dry fully every time I rebuild or rewick.
Ah well. You HAVE to tell us if and when you work it out ....... I'm likely not to sleep ........ ;)

Is it only dry hitting for one of you? Like is one of you taking a 5 second toot compared to the other's 2 second toot? I'm thinking it's the juice/wicking but I really have no clue and I'm half-asleep :5:

For both of us...

I do tend to take a longer draw, but I'm not the main user of it.

Ah well. You HAVE to tell us if and when you work it out ....... I'm likely not to sleep ........ ;)

I'm very close to just giving up for now tbh, it's just silly now.

Oh, and I've got a bit of a head from all the "I'll just try this"...

I think we're in an acceptable position, but I'm going to investigate further later, starting with measuring bloody everything inside next time the tanks come apart to check for variations that may affect juice flow or something - and I think I'll be looking more at the electrical side when I get around to it.

Y'know, I was really hoping for "oh yeah, it's this" and sorting it easily, but I just can't have easy problems :D

True it's not been a quick fix, but you're carrying out invaluable research and investigation that will most likely help plenty of people in the future.

Hope you solve your problem soon

Back
Top Bottom