What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Help!!! Utterly befuddled...

• Thread starter Deleted member 58360
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 58360

Ok, so I consider myself a person of reasonably average intelligence. Y'know, I can work shit out and I know stuff.

But I really don't get this...

2 mods - a Uwell nunchaku (containing a 25r) and a Tesla punk 85 (containing a 30q).

2 tanks - both Advken manta MTL RTAs. Near as I can do with identical builds, same coil structure and placement, same wick density and lengths. One is rainbow and the other is SS (like that'll make a difference).

2 juices - Vampire vape pinkman shortfill in the SS tank, Vapable Heisenberg in the rainbow. Both 3mg, both mixed to a calculated 80/20.

The nunchaku runs both tanks completely without issue.

The Tesla with the SS tank and pinkman gives loads of (what I can only assume given my limited experience is) dry hits. Painful throat hit, burnt taste. Happens randomly - can be sat for 20 minutes and hit, then 5 seconds later it's fine - so I can't think it's dry wick. Neither the coil or wick look burnt. (Bear in mind I can stick the tank on the uwell, change nothing else, fine, no probs)

Tesla runs the rainbow with fakenburg without issues.

Seriously, wt-actual-f?

Two things I haven't tried:

Swapping the cells, but same behaviour with multiple cells of the same types, fully charged or nearly flat, only running 17.5-26 ish watts (wife keeps pushing power up and down in frustration).

Swapping juices into the other tanks - plan for later...

Can a mod just get the arse with a specific tank but run another identical model just fine?

try swapping the tanks over with each other.

also each mod, do they have setting like smok where you have soft, normal, hard or something similar and are both kits set the same way.

only other thing was you was pissed when you built the coil that dry hits :)
apart from that, fook knows.

I've found that some tanks run better on certain mods at the lower end of the mod range.

try swapping the tanks over with each other.

also each mod, do they have setting like smok where you have soft, normal, hard or something similar and are both kits set the same way.

only other thing was you was pissed when you built the coil that dry hits :)
apart from that, fook knows.

Tried swapping tanks.

Uwell only has power settings available for Ka (afaik) and the Tesla exhibits the same behaviour on hard, normal and soft.

The tank that (maybe) dry hits, only dry hits on one mod, works fine on the other.

The tank that doesn't (maybe) dry hit, works fine on both mods.

I've found that some tanks run better on certain mods at the lower end of the mod range.

But, these are the same make and model of the same tank with the same build...

i guess the dry hit mod is pushing out more power than the other one then.

I thought you used different mods?

Two different mods.

Two tanks of the same model.

i guess the dry hit mod is pushing out more power than the other one then.

And only dry hitting on one tank?

I'll try a kinda table thing.

I have mod A and mod B (different)
I have tank 1 and tank 2 (same models)

A1 = fine
A2 = fine
B1 = fine
B2 = bloody annoying...

I note the word wife in the equation, has she dropped the mod? I think you're gonna lose your setup quite soon, better strike while the sales last :D

Back
Top Bottom