What's new

|Help Needed| New Starter

djakeman8

Hello,

I'm pretty new to vaping after smoking for 3 or so years. I've recently bought a 'Vapable' Starter kit which was really cheap and wanted to try it out first before buying something a little more expensive. This came with a battery, clearomiser and mouthpiece. So my first question is, is this combination, battery, clearomiser, mouthpiece, the standard set up for a vape pen, and what are the variations?

Now, I've been cigarette free for 2 weeks and really enjoy vaping, so I'm looking for something more efficient and wholly better.

I've done some research but there's so many variations I'm a little stuck. What I'm asking is a little advice and maybe a few links would help.

Do I need to buy full kits? I've seen a few eGo kits for £24.99 which look good. More specifically the eGo-T kit which comes with everything and eLiquid. I was also looking at the Vype and Blu range but they're owned by BAT, so no thanks.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best kits I can buy around the £20-£30 range (I'm a poor Masters student)?

Sorry for the long post, thanks to everyone in advance.

EDIT: Also, what are the most trusted, quality websites which offer kits and e-liquid? And, which flavours do you enjoy the most? Thanks again!

Hello,

I'm pretty new to vaping after smoking for 3 or so years. I've recently bought a 'Vapable' Starter kit which was really cheap and wanted to try it out first before buying something a little more expensive. This came with a battery, clearomiser and mouthpiece. So my first question is, is this combination, battery, clearomiser, mouthpiece, the standard set up for a vape pen, and what are the variations?

Now, I've been cigarette free for 2 weeks and really enjoy vaping, so I'm looking for something more efficient and wholly better.

I've done some research but there's so many variations I'm a little stuck. What I'm asking is a little advice and maybe a few links would help.

Do I need to buy full kits? I've seen a few eGo kits for £24.99 which look good. More specifically the eGo-T kit which comes with everything and eLiquid. I was also looking at the Vype and Blu range but they're owned by BAT, so no thanks.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best kits I can buy around the £20-£30 range (I'm a poor Masters student)?

Sorry for the long post, thanks to everyone in advance.

EDIT: Also, what are the most trusted, quality websites which offer kits and e-liquid? And, which flavours do you enjoy the most? Thanks again!

The devices you mention are not really much of an upgrade from what you already have.

Most setups that are an improvement are out of your budget, but have a look at this at Gearbest. It's a very good device, way better than its price suggests:

http://www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_197998.html?wid=3

If you go for it, make sure EU warehouse is selected - it's a couple of quid more but you'll get it in 2 days.

Hi and welcome to the Planet.

you are sure in the right place for advice but it can get a bit daunting as there are tons of kit out there and being bombarded with all these new names of mods (batteries) and clearos (tanks) can be overwhelming. i was in the same boat 9 months ago.

best thing is to have a look at some of these sites and then tell us the models and we will advise if they are good or not and if they can be got for cheaper elsewhere.

starter kits http://myepack.co.uk/kits.html

http://www.kingzofvapour.com/

http://www.sr-vapes.co.uk/Starter_Kits/cat3034024_2631634.aspx

there are 2 main types of vaping. mouth to lung (like smoking) and sub ohmig (lung hits) needs low nicotine strength

for new starters we usually recommend mouth to lung and then you can get high nicotine strength upto 24mg, 18, 12, 6, 3, zero.

give us an idea how much wonga you want to spend and what takes you eye on the above links.

foe eliquid check out my link below.

Congratulations on kicking the cigs :)

The combination you mention is correct, you need an atomiser/tank (these come in many forms) and battery/mod to power it. Most atomisers come supplied with mouth pieces/driptips, and most are interchangeable. You don't need to buy full kits, you could buy a mod and then buy different tanks to use with it.

A good start could be a mod you can charge via USB, coupled with a tank like the Mini Nautilus. As mentioned above it may stretch your £30 budget a bit tho.

Fine UK vendors mentioned so far, and MrDj's eliquid list is a great source of info.

Back
Top Bottom