What's new

Has anyone stopped smoking with DTL?

HEISENBERG88

Achiever
Trying to get my mate off the smokes and he doesn’t really like my MTL set up but thinks my dripper is great
I don’t want to tell him to buy a subohm set up incase he ends up back on the cigs because he’s not getting enough nic

Sorry it’s long - thanks

Yep.
MTL didnt scratch my itch way back in ego time.
Things have changed somewhat.

He maybe wouldn’t need a cloud setup though, just something a bit looser than whatever you let him try and some fairly strong 50/50 liquid for starters, then see how he gets on.

But like @bellyman says whatever works is the right one.

I'm not sure if it's still a relevant starter kit or if it's still available. But I started with an innokin cool fire with isub tank. It's a fairly low level sub ohm. If I went back to that not it wouldn't do anything for me, but I think it's a step up from what your friend is using without going too far.

Someone mentioned stronger liquids but I personally find that even 6mg is too strong for my tastes when using sub ohm. 3mg all the way for me. Spent loads on 6mg when I first started and didn't enjoy it at all, and then sadly a lot of companies shut down and I never got to appreciate certain flavours :(

I think the starter kit idea is a myth.

Back in the day, it was either a starter kit or rebuildables - there wasn't much in between, so the kit everybody started with became known as a starter kit and that has continued to this day.

There's no reason why newbies shouldn't go straight to sub-ohm and I've "converted" more people with such kits than with MTL setups.

Yeah, it was DTL that did it for me. To be honest if all I could have used was MTL, I hate MTL, then I would not have vaped at all.
Which is funny because smoking is MTL. But my kit came with 2 coils MTL and DTL and for some reason I just hated the MTL.

Back
Top Bottom