What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

HAD ENOUGH!! Tank - Coils ect..

Hello canada16, you could always use vapecrawler and fasttech for future vape purchases. Sometimes the price is better and no TPD limited gear.

Good to hear that you're sorted though, hope they serve you well.

Hello canada16, you could always use vapecrawler and fasttech for future vape purchases. Sometimes the price is better and no TPD limited gear.

Good to hear that you're sorted though, hope they serve you well.
Thought vapecrawler was just an affiliate based platform?
If so they will push sites they are gaining from so won't be the best prices just the ones they'll earn money from.

OK I BOUGHT

Gold freemax - they only had gold
Wisemec RX GEN 3
Pack of Dual Coils
Fishbowl glass

All had 20% off - got this for £50.00
You won't go far wrong there.
Remember to break your coils in carefully. I start at 20w, take a couple of tugs then move up 10w, and so on till I end up in the wattage range for that coil. Then it's a case of finding your own sweet spot.

Yeah this is why I am getting so angry with Vaping, I prime those coils like nuts - I leave it for 30 min before I touch it, I also start at 25 and work my way up to 45 over a few min.
Fingers crossed I have better luck.
I went to but the glass but its for another tank so will have to buy one separately

Not bad price, never bought from them before. £46.00 for a new tank, pack of coils and a new MOD.
Will hopefully be happy vaping next week.

I really appreciate your help - all of you

You might notice an increase in liquid consumption using that tank compared to the Cleito. If you check out the bargain basement section on this site, there are always good offers on. E liquid is probably cheaper now than it’s ever been.

you rang, Sir????
haven't used a Freemax mesh pro but theres a hell of a lot of love on here for it.

like yourself, found the Smok coils very hit and miss. mainly miss to be quite honest.

i am not a great user of stock coil tanks really, only modern tank i use is the vaporesso cascade mini Se (i think, its the one in the polar kit) and the vaporesso NRG mini, both of which i favour with the mesh coil for them. last easily for 120ml bottle at 40W if not quite a bit longer.

left the NRG mini on a shelf for at least 3 weeks and in this time it was knocked off the shelf multiple times by a naughty kitten and spent overnight or the day lying on the floor and went back to using it a few days ago and there had been no leaking through the coil in this time and its still going strong.....these coils also fit the smok baby beast/big baby beast by the way.

StrawberryRipple, vapecrawler is just a search engine that trawls through a load of different sites. It's useful if you're looking for the best deal or that certain shiny that you must have in your collection.

Yeah, I know I will use more juice, but would rather nice clean hits, and hopefully not get a burnt taste in 4 hours time Ha Ha
I really need to learn to build my own, I can imagine it would cost pence to build one rather than buy a £3.50 one that will fail in 24 hours.

How much do you think it costs for the initial equipment I need? And how much would it cost to build a coil with premium steel and cotton?
Do I need a Ohm machine ect...

Thanks again for all your support.

Yeah, I know I will use more juice, but would rather nice clean hits, and hopefully not get a burnt taste in 4 hours time Ha Ha
I really need to learn to build my own, I can imagine it would cost pence to build one rather than buy a £3.50 one that will fail in 24 hours.

How much do you think it costs for the initial equipment I need? And how much would it cost to build a coil with premium steel and cotton?
Do I need a Ohm machine ect...

Thanks again for all your support.

If you have a regulated mod then an ohm meter is not essential. You can wrap a coil round a screwdriver or the end of a drill bit. Any rod or set of rods with sizes like 2ml 2.5ml and 3ml. I used a poundshop screwdriver set from a poundshop. Now I use the rods from a coiling jig but not the jig because just using the rods was just as easy. Wire and wick can cost almost nothing if building simple coils. the cost of a pack of coils should get you started and once you have worked out what wire works for you and buy larger quantities it is really cheap.

Start doing your research. Work out what resistance, power and airflow you like and with the help of folk here decide on a tank to buy . Ask here what is the best wire for what you want.
Buy some wire and wick and have a play. If cost is important to you, rebuildables are the way to go. No rush. No stress. Just one step at a time. Decide to do it then move in that direction. It can seem like a lot to take in when you start but it is rather simple and you will soon get the hang of it. My first few coils were not great and took me an afternoon to get what I wanted. After that I could get something that was ok in 20 min then before you know it it is only taking 5min and coils are costing pennies and lasting weeks or months.

Back
Top Bottom