What's new

Gravity feed RTAs

ChrisS

Postman
My two favourite RTAs at the moment are the fev V4.5S+ and the Scylla, both of which feature gravity feed where the liquid feeds down on to the top of the wick. Both are very easy to wick, don't leak and I've never had dry hits.

Are there any other RTAs like this and are they any good?

Todd's haar rta uses that method I believe, not tried it, so can't comment if it's decent , people who have it seem to rate it highly though
There are others but that one seems to be the same style of vape as the ones you mentioned

I have the Haar and it is a very nice vape and no leaking issues at all ,needs to be filled up a lot though its quiet thirsty . Also got the Van&Del Theatro another great vape with the same filling method no leaks on this either.

The Taifun GSL and GS2 use this method. I`ve got the GS2 and if you get the wicking right they provide an excellent vape, if you get it wrong you get a leaky mess or dry hits. Both have large wells and require an inordinate amount of cotton to prevent the wick collapsing on itself. The Haar has this problem and is already being modified to reduce leaking. I got the most consistent results with Ekowool wicks but`s faffy.

Because of the relative popularity of the FeV and Haar we may see more of this type of tank but it`s just a different way of doing the same thing as any other RTA, getting liquid to the coil.

I have the Haar and it is a very nice vape and no leaking issues at all ,needs to be filled up a lot though its quiet thirsty . Also got the Van&Del Theatro another great vape with the same filling method no leaks on this either.

Ive just picked up the Theatro. Superb build quality (although I’m a bit surprised at the reliance on O-rings only to secure the deck). Flavour is superb.

The wicking is tricky to get right at first. I’ve had leaking (which I assume is due to not getting the ‘horns’ right on the wicking to block up the juice flow holes in the ultem insert? I’ve rewicked it today and cut the cotton longer than feels right to ensure I’ve got plenty to push into the gaps. No leaking so far so assume I’m on the right lines here?

The Proto has a similar gravity fed wicking system. with 4 wicks facing up it can be tricky to wick, if you get one wrong it is a flooded deck, and with a side airflow it floods. When you get it right it is pretty good. :2thumbsup:

I would add both the Squape N’duro and Squape A(rise) to the list. Both offer great flexibility, being equally at home with MTL or RDL. The draw is very similar to that of the FeV and I find the flavour production to be very impressive.

Back
Top Bottom