What's new

Grants Vanilla Custard Clone

I mix my own juice but I've not been able to get my hands on any capella vanilla custard as it's always out of stock. The capella French vanilla (after steeping for at least a week) tastes very similar to GVC so I reckon that might be one of the ingredients.
Leisure liquids have it stock, I ordered 4 bottles on Sunday

So then, apart from making my own, it appears there are only two options suggested in this thread:

Redwood Breakfast Blend £5.48 for 10ml.

Kings Custard £11.50 for 30ml.

Any other suggestions?

PS I'm really not keen on 10ml bottles.

Vanilla custard at Totally vaped is really nice :) I use it all the time when Grant is out of stock :)

Grant posted this before he was famous lol, and its what I use ;)

Capellas Vanilla Custard 15%

Perfumer's Apprentice Dulche De Leche 2%

Ethyl Maltol, between 1 and 2 drops Per 10ml

It will look a light Straw Colour, give it a minimum of a week to steep, Cap Off, when ready it turns to a light orange

Is this truly the recipe? I tried it and admittedly has only had a week and a bit steep but currently is nothing like Grant's. I just can't see how it could get like Grant's no matter how much steeping.

is nothing like Grant's. I just can't see how it could get like Grant's no matter how much steeping.

Shouldn't be much different tbh, there's a thread on ukv in mixology, most peeps have had good results, let it steep longer maybe :)

Sorry for the late reply,

I get my ADV from there: Hangsen Blueberry.

I ordered a bottle of VC about a week ago, but I'm letting it steep to give it a chance to match GVC (of which I got my order in just in time today!)

i`ve just done a top up order from bargain vapour .and i`ve included a sample of @Hangsen vanilla custard .i`ll see for myself if its any good .never tried grants to compare to tho ..tbh my tastebuds are frazzled so i`ve ordered 100 ml @Hangsen menthol to sort of clear my palet

edit : doubt the hangsen vanilla custard will need much steeping .its probably made in big batches in advance .and been in the bottle for weeks .not like made to order stuff

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom