What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Good coil I think? your opinion guys IGO W dual coil

Building a coil you're proud of is such a good feeling - it's what makes vaping turn from something you do into the full-blown hobby for me. Tinkering with mods, trying out new wicking techniques and busting new types of coiling.

Still haven't tried the dragon coil thing yet, that's one I really want a go at.

Yeah I did a kinda dragon coil earlier but think I used too much cotton just choked it off

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Still haven't tried the dragon coil thing yet, that's one I really want a go at.

I've just finished drilling/coiling/wicking with ss mesh on a shite dripper,result is bloody impressive.I have also just realised that if I rewick these coils(or wind new)and bend the coils upright(as near as dammit)with tiny ss mesh wicks,I get it trying to fire two jets of vapour out the ends so thats given me something to mess with while I'm waiting for either sleep to approach,or the forum come to life as people wake up.

liquorice. ....tganks, I now need to find a new liquid, fancy dropping a link to what you use?
I bought a mixing kit from leisureliquids and a bottle of liquorice flavour.The first batch was higher VG & choked mesh wicks within 1 ml of juice,this latest batch is 50/50 (15% flavour,12 mg nic)and I've used about 5 ml on the dripper & only just noticed the coil/wicks look fucked,so going to try a nano(1 mm coil)on mesh (400) set as close to vertical as I can.

Your assistance please.

I have just received a IGO-W and want help with double coiling it.

Couple of issues - I only have a vamo so can't go below 1.2ohms, which from my understanding means a minimum of 2.4ohms for each coil.

I only have kanthal in 0.15, 0.20 and 0.25.

How many wraps should I be doing with what size kanthal to get a reading above 2.4ohms per coil?

If I go the micro coil route what size kanthal and how many wraps.

I'm happy making coils and micro coils but have never dual coiled.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Your assistance please.

I have just received a IGO-W and want help with double coiling it.

Couple of issues - I only have a vamo so can't go below 1.2ohms, which from my understanding means a minimum of 2.4ohms for each coil.

I only have kanthal in 0.15, 0.20 and 0.25.

How many wraps should I be doing with what size kanthal to get a reading above 2.4ohms per coil?

If I go the micro coil route what size kanthal and how many wraps.

I'm happy making coils and micro coils but have never dual coiled.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

I used 0.3 mm wrapped on a piece of ss cable about 1-2 mm diameter,I used 14 turns to get total resistance of both coils to 1 ohm.It all depends on the diameter of the former you use to wind coils on,my usual former is a drill-bit approx 2.5 mm diameter and that only needs 8-9 turns to get a coil that works on my Vamo(single)

I have some 0.2 kanthal that I rarely use now as it just simply isn't stiff enough to create a coil stiff enough to stand freely while I slip mesh in/out for wick maintenance

Back
Top Bottom