What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

GeekVape Zeus X Mesh RTA

I use the OFRF KA1 and the NexMesh Turbo and both are really good. I do have some of the OFRF SS316L for the occasional dabble with temp control but I prefer the others for wattage mode.

I want to point out that getting the extra deck is only needed for peace of mind, knowing that you'll have a fallback in case it all goes wrong. If you have even the slightest experience with power tools, it'll be a piece of cake. Trust me, I'm not a handyman by any means, but I made short work of it. So just do it and don't worry about it (that is, if you've made up your mind). It's worth the effort and, as already stated, takes the Zeus from "It's ok, but Unity is on another level" to "Man, this Zeus is actually great!". It's a pretty big difference.

As for mesh strips, my only disagreement is with the SS316 ones. With the right juice, I like the flavor from those more, but only with some juices. Granted, it's always a cooler vape than any A1 strip and longevity is an issue, plus they are even more of a bitch with wicking, easily throwing random hotspots for no apparent reason and ruining the experience. Regular NexMesh A1 0.13Ω strips are pretty good (much better than the GV ones). Then there's the new strips for the Profile RDTA/ 1.5 RDA. These are gorgeous (mostly the Turbo, the Extreme is also pretty nice, haven't tried the chill), easily outperforming the regular A1 IMO if you can use them whole (which is tricky because they are absolutely massive compared to the others). If you have to cut them to fit, they are pretty much equal with the OFRF ones. BUT! With the modded Zeus deck you can fit even these huge things in there no problem. They will protrude but they don't touch anything, so no shorts or atty overheating. My pictures a couple of pages back are with a Turbo strip, without cutting it. Vapes beautifully. Needs some attention during wicking, but it was straightforward enough. Also, it's the first strip that actually provides a warm vape with the Zeus, so there's that. I never thought that inhaling apple pie would feel so good. :D

Thanks Guys - have ordered some KA1 - looking forward to trying them. Must mod my deck now.
Update:-
Well I modded the new deck, and had no end of problems with getting a wicking that worked without burning the cotton. I wasted loads of mesh strips and cotton etc. I am well frustrated. This is a shame that it seems so difficult to wick this so it works at all. I am disappointed because you do seem to get much more flavour with the mesh, but just a nightmare to wick.

I don't know whether to just give up on it and just use an ordinary deck that uses fused clapton coils or whatever else is good - at least I can wick those ok without problems. I got so frustrated with all of this issue I went out and purchased a Violator Atty - expensive, and leaks a little buy boy does it work/vape nicely(anybody else using one of these?

Thoughts

Last edited:
Hi guys, I pretty much read this whole thread up until page 46 so I would like to thank everyone who posted wicking photos, tips and tricks.

I got this RTA and bubble glass. I also got some VV mesh wire 200 SS. First day I wicked it with the Wotofo 6mm cotton shoelace and cut a strip of mesh. Seeing so many photos of wicking I actually nailed it first time
I found that the VV mesh is perfect sized to just cut in half widthwise and you get two mesh strips.

I am using the Zeus on a Evdilo mod in TC. The Evdilo only does TC by you setting the TCR value, I’m using 0.0092 (from what I found online) is this correct for mesh as well?
I rewicked it using Muji cotton 3/4 of the pad and again spot on.

Again, thanks guys

Hi guys, I pretty much read this whole thread up until page 46 so I would like to thank everyone who posted wicking photos, tips and tricks.

I got this RTA and bubble glass. I also got some VV mesh wire 200 SS. First day I wicked it with the Wotofo 6mm cotton shoelace and cut a strip of mesh. Seeing so many photos of wicking I actually nailed it first time
I found that the VV mesh is perfect sized to just cut in half widthwise and you get two mesh strips.

I am using the Zeus on a Evdilo mod in TC. The Evdilo only does TC by you setting the TCR value, I’m using 0.0092 (from what I found online) is this correct for mesh as well?
I rewicked it using Muji cotton 3/4 of the pad and again spot on.

Again, thanks guys

Welcome to potv matey :) I don't know about TC or TCR, hopefully someone can confirm your settings are correct, or otherwise :2thumbsup:

Thanks Guys - have ordered some KA1 - looking forward to trying them. Must mod my deck now.
Update:-
Well I modded the new deck, and had no end of problems with getting a wicking that worked without burning the cotton. I wasted loads of mesh strips and cotton etc. I am well frustrated. This is a shame that it seems so difficult to wick this so it works at all. I am disappointed because you do seem to get much more flavour with the mesh, but just a nightmare to wick.

I don't know whether to just give up on it and just use an ordinary deck that uses fused clapton coils or whatever else is good - at least I can wick those ok without problems. I got so frustrated with all of this issue I went out and purchased a Violator Atty - expensive, and leaks a little buy boy does it work/vape nicely(anybody else using one of these?

Thoughts
The tricky part once you mod the deck is to make sure the mesh strip is aligned properly. Since it doesn't fit into anything, it's really easy to get it in crooked, which will mess up your cotton contact on one side. And the wider the strip, the worse the problem becomes, but once you get the hang of it it's easy.

The other thing is, what cotton are you using? Is it any of those 6mm shoelace stuff that's made for mesh? If not, get some of those. Wotofo XFibre, Vandy Vape Mesh Cotton strips and Vapefly Firebolt M are all supposedly pretty good (can vouch for the Wotofo, haven't tried the others). It's not needed per se, but when you're starting these give you a nice idea as to how much you really need. If you have something like Cotton Bacon/Gods and cut your own strips, I'm 90% sure you're using too little cotton. Mesh requires an ungodly amount, regardless of the atomizer.

Lastly, the method that I've found to work best for the Zeus with the wider strips is the one Vic ("Vaping with Vic" YT channel) uses in his Wotofo Profile M video. Basically you cut the ends of the cotton straight, stuff as much as needed in the juice holes and whatever leftover cotton there is, use your pliers to gently push it in, below the mesh strip.

Sorry I missed your post. Any other help needed feel free to ask here or DM me. Also, it's better if you post some photos of how your deck turned out and how you're wicking it so that we can see what you may be doing wrong.

Thanks tolis626 - very helpful. I will get back to you soon with a more in depth reply.

Hey guys, I'm really late to this very interesting thread.

I'm thinking of buying some nexMESH Extreme strips to try and get a warmer vape on my ZX II. If I don't have the equipment to dremel the deck, am I correct in understanding that I can just use nail clippers to trim the corners of the mesh strips? Should I just remove the corners, literally cutting them off so I get triangular pieces to throw away? Or am I aiming to remove the corners leaving me with small square pieces to throw away? I hope that makes sense.

I'm sure it'll be obvious once I get the nexMESH strips, but I just wanted to ask beforehand...

Hey guys, I'm really late to this very interesting thread.

I'm thinking of buying some nexMESH Extreme strips to try and get a warmer vape on my ZX II. If I don't have the equipment to dremel the deck, am I correct in understanding that I can just use nail clippers to trim the corners of the mesh strips? Should I just remove the corners, literally cutting them off so I get triangular pieces to throw away? Or am I aiming to remove the corners leaving me with small square pieces to throw away? I hope that makes sense.

I'm sure it'll be obvious once I get the nexMESH strips, but I just wanted to ask beforehand...
Either way it won't matter.
As with mesh in general just make sure you get them as symmetrical as possible.

Back
Top Bottom