What's new

GeekVape Zeus X Mesh RTA

Well, I don't know if your wicking vapes better than mine, but it sure looks prettier. :D

lol :D

I just followed Vic's Zeus X Mesh video and haven't had a dry hit since the day I got it.

@ronnie.pearson I like my Unity a lot more than the Zeus but I'd still argue it's a decent tank.

I think the problem may be that in comparison to the unity the Zeus is absolute shite. I wouldn't waste any more time with it if I were you.
Well, that's your opinion man. I personally prefer the Zeus over the Unity. Only slightly, but I do. Especially after modding the deck on the Zeus to fit the NexMesh strips.

EDIT : To elaborate, I found them pretty similar performance wise using the same strips, but I much prefer looking at the Zeus and I like the extra capacity over the Unity.

Hi all, I am overwhelmed with all your replies to my problem with the zeus 2 mesh tank post 485. I will take on board all the tips provided by you lovely lot. Just an update for you I have since re wicked again
with wotofo Xaber cotton - but still cut it at an angle, and it seems relatively ok - time will tell. I am now finding that this tank gives so much flavour even at only 45 watts it is almost too much Lol. Might have to
not use so much flavouring in my mixes. Still as always this is a learning curve - but I do enjoy the ride though. Will report back after a day or two and let you all know how I am going on.
Thanks again all - much appreciated.

Well, that's your opinion man. I personally prefer the Zeus over the Unity. Only slightly, but I do. Especially after modding the deck on the Zeus to fit the NexMesh strips.

EDIT : To elaborate, I found them pretty similar performance wise using the same strips, but I much prefer looking at the Zeus and I like the extra capacity over the Unity.

Dont fancy modding my new deck to accept nexmesh strips - so would it be possible to cut the strips down somehow to fit do you reckon? I have some wotofo A1 nexmesh ready at hand. Would be nice to try them.

@spirited Glad you have it working ;)

You can easily trim the NexMesh strips with sharp scissors and a steady hand. That's what's I'm using in the photos a few posts back. I will modify the deck at some point too though.

Thanks John - I will have a go then. Did you snip some off both sides or just cut one side so they are right width?

Well, regarding the whole modding the deck vs trimming the strips thing, I think that modding the deck provides somewhat better results, but they are pretty close. For me, it was more that the whole process of trimming the mesh strips is tedious, but I can understand that taking a dremel to your deck can be daunting. As for trimming the strips, one way is to just trim the sides so that it can fit, but for me that kind of defeats the purpose as you don't increase the surface area vs the GV strips by much. What I preferred doing before modding the deck was to grab a pair of nail clippers and trim like the corners ever so slightly, like one mesh grid square's worth of trimming in each corner is enough. Then they slot in perfectly and behave more or less exactly like the modded deck. You should try both ways, see which you prefer.

I also just rewicked my Zeus and got some picks. On the first one you can see the cotton in place, cut to length and fluffed up.
IMG_20210317_235058.jpg
Then you can see what I meant about tucking in as much as will go in the wicking ports, while leaving the rest alone.
IMG_20210317_235233.jpg IMG_20210317_235243.jpg
I then held one side in place and pushed the "spare" cotton in towards the coil, forcing it beneath it.
IMG_20210317_235438.jpg IMG_20210317_235449.jpg
I then juiced it up with some VnV Urban Apple and it is delightful. Smooth draw, no burnt/dry hits, no spitback, no nothing. Brilliant.

PS : @JohnNada In these pictures I'm using one of Wotofo's bigger strips, the NexMesh Turbo. It doesn't really fit per se, but with the modded deck it goes in there and doesn't touch anything it shouldn't, so with a bit of careful wicking it turned out ok. And it vapes fantastic, IMO much better than the normal OFRF A1 strips. More dense and flavorful vapor and a warmer vape. But again, these things are damn huge. Can't tell with the cotton in place, I should've taken a pic before placing the cotton to show you guys how ridiculous it looks. Too bad they didn't make them fit the Profile M.

I think the problem may be that in comparison to the unity the Zeus is absolute shite. I wouldn't waste any more time with it if I were you.

The Zeus isn't shite, but the Unity is exceptional, it does pee all over the Zeus for flavour and the airflow is so smoooothhhhhhh :D

Back
Top Bottom