What's new

GeekVape Zeus X Mesh RTA

Well, it seems the cotton was at fault. Got both some Cotton Bacon Prime and the Wotofo 6mm XFibre and wicked with the latter. It's an absolute banger now. No burning, no drying, no loose contact, nada. So, HOPEFULLY, problem solved. At least my wicking technique is alright, so that's comforting to know.

PS : While I was at the store I also grabbed a Hellvape Dead Rabbit V2 and put some Wotofo fused clapton coils on it (0.13Ω final resistance). It's good, but it's not the same intense flavor I get from the Zeus X Mesh. At least I can push the power and get some huge clouds for fun. Blotto is gonna be on the way soon.

EDIT : Didn't want to spam more posts, so I'm gonna integrate it here. Thank you everyone for bearing with my non stop questions and thanks for all the tips and insight. Feels great to have access to such an amount of concentrated experience and information. You guys are awesome!

Last edited:
Well, it seems the cotton was at fault. Got both some Cotton Bacon Prime and the Wotofo 6mm XFibre and wicked with the latter. It's an absolute banger now. No burning, no drying, no loose contact, nada. So, HOPEFULLY, problem solved. At least my wicking technique is alright, so that's comforting to know.

PS : While I was at the store I also grabbed a Hellvape Dead Rabbit V2 and put some Wotofo fused clapton coils on it (0.13Ω final resistance). It's good, but it's not the same intense flavor I get from the Zeus X Mesh. At least I can push the power and get some huge clouds for fun. Blotto is gonna be on the way soon.
:dance:

So, I decided to chime in after a few days, post about how this is going. It's actually really good! I even decided to push this thing a bit harder, and it took it like a champ. I ran it at 60-65W for the past few days and it's been awesome. I even tried 70W just for fun and it kind of worked, but after a hit or two some off-taste pops up. Never an issue at 60W. I'm using it with Steam Train Regulator juice, which is coffee butter cookie flavoured. It's been delightful taste wise, but man does this thing gunk up the coil. I mean, I know, 60-65W is high for mesh, but look at the picture below. That was wicked like 4 days ago. The mesh is completely black! Although, the mesh wasn't new, but still. It still vapes fine, but it's gonna need a refresher soon, it looks like.
IMG_20201212_211623.jpg

So, I decided to chime in after a few days, post about how this is going. It's actually really good! I even decided to push this thing a bit harder, and it took it like a champ. I ran it at 60-65W for the past few days and it's been awesome. I even tried 70W just for fun and it kind of worked, but after a hit or two some off-taste pops up. Never an issue at 60W. I'm using it with Steam Train Regulator juice, which is coffee butter cookie flavoured. It's been delightful taste wise, but man does this thing gunk up the coil. I mean, I know, 60-65W is high for mesh, but look at the picture below. That was wicked like 4 days ago. The mesh is completely black! Although, the mesh wasn't new, but still. It still vapes fine, but it's gonna need a refresher soon, it looks like.
View attachment 234340
New wick and a quick burn and rinse and it will be back to new.

New wick and a quick burn and rinse and it will be back to new.
Oh, I know. It just boggles me how much the thing is messed up after just 4 days! Probably isn't news to anyone else, but man I didn't expect THAT. I'd probably never use these kinds of juices on a factory atomizer. Needing multiple coils per week at 3-5€ a pop (factoring in dud coils too) would slightly hurt.

Anyway, I'll probably also change the mesh just for good measure. This one I had used on a lot of failed wicks and it's endured a lot of overheating on hotspots. Some parts of it stay black even after thorough cleaning. Meh, I'll see.

Hello guys! How's everyone doing?

I've ordered a Steam Crave Aromamizer Supreme V3 and it'll be the advanced kit that also comes with a mesh deck. So, I wanted to ask if any one of you have had experience with it or similar tanks like the Ragnar that comes with a mesh deck. Is the quality of the mesh vape comparable to the Zeus X?

Super late to the thread but I'm still loving my Zeus X Mesh since getting it last May and using it as my main tank. I only use Vandy Vape M Cotton Laces with mine as all the other cotton I've tried is either a pain to work with or gives shitty flavour. Steam Crave Mesh Cotton is ok in a pinch, but it doesn't last as long as the Vandy Vape before needing rewicked. Haven't tried the WoToFo xFibre though. I use Vaping with Vic's method for wicking (albeit I like to think mine is a bit neater!) and never get any flooding or dry hits.

Just ordered a Profile Unity as I dropped my beloved Ehpro Kelpie and now it constantly leaks, so will be keen to see how that compares to the Zeus.

You won't be disappointed. Unity is streets ahead of the zeus imo. I rarely use my zeus now but have 2 unities permanently on the go.

Dare i say, the Zeus i found better than the Unity, but lately i've started using it less as i'm doing more MTL than DTL, so will end up in the Classifieds later

The Zeus has been rather good lately, a whole month without a need to rewick, used most days.

Back
Top Bottom