What's new

GeekVape Zeus X Mesh RTA

Having the odd slightly burnt draw, not full on dry hit more like a hint that if I take a couple more puffs I would and a draw without firing sorts it out. Not loads just one last night and now a couple this evening.

Guessing that's a hint the wicking isn't quite right? I did it with cutting at an angle, underneath as the short side and top as long so it could all dip into the well without having to be stuffed in.

Guessing that's a hint the wicking isn't quite right? I did it with cutting at an angle, underneath as the short side and top as long so it could all dip into the well without having to be stuffed in.
I’ve wicked this and the Unity with the angle the opposite way, as in short on top, long at the bottom. Then just tucked the bottom of the cotton into the juice wells.

I’ve wicked this and the Unity with the angle the opposite way, as in short on top, long at the bottom. Then just tucked the bottom of the cotton into the juice wells.

I'll try that way in the morning then. Watched videos on a few different methods and short on the bottom made sense as all strands would be dipping in about the same and seemed to work great initially so was happy. Now I'm wary of each draw.

I'll get there, just need some trial and error.

Once you get it (and I’m sure you will) you’ll find it really quick and dead easy to wick and rebuild. That’s the best thing about these tanks IMHO. What you give up to get that speed and consistency however, is ability to really maximise flavour and performance of a tank by tweaking the configuration of your coils, their positioning and wicking. You’ll get 8/10 flavour really consistently and easily, nothing more, nothing less.

Very surprised I've not broken any of the bubble glasses on mine yet but ive managed to find some of the unbreakable ones for the X that should fit.
I've ordered a couple so if they do fit when they arive I'll post the link here.

Got all the Zues kit I ordered today from Sourcemore and the first tank is now built and I'm vaping away on 58W with the airflow 1/4 open and I have to say it's nice but I'm wondering if I didn't cut the cotton short enough. I've used one of their Ni80 strips with a piece of Wotofo 6mm. I originally increased the watts slowly from 40W to 68W and it was vaping really well and it felt like I was almost drinking the juice. However, after a while it started dry hitting so I've dropped the watts back down and it's mostly OK again at 58W but I think I possibly ended up with too much cotton in the juice wells. I was trying to avoid pushing too much in but maybe I did because it had too much to push back out of the way.

Here's my first attempt to wick it so what do you guys think?

Zeus-X-Mesh-03.jpg

Zeus-X-Mesh-02.jpg

Got all the Zues kit I ordered today from Sourcemore and the first tank is now built and I'm vaping away on 58W with the airflow 1/4 open and I have to say it's nice but I'm wondering if I didn't cut the cotton short enough. I've used one of their Ni80 strips with a piece of Wotofo 6mm. I originally increased the watts slowly from 40W to 68W and it was vaping really well and it felt like I was almost drinking the juice. However, after a while it started dry hitting so I've dropped the watts back down and it's mostly OK again at 58W but I think I possibly ended up with too much cotton in the juice wells. I was trying to avoid pushing too much in but maybe I did because it had too much to push back out of the way.

Here's my first attempt to wick it so what do you guys think?

View attachment 228405

View attachment 228404

it looks fine too me i never really got on with the geek vape mesh & used the Nexmesh & i stuck around 52w max or above that i was getting dry hits..

it looks fine too me i never really got on with the geek vape mesh & used the Nexmesh & i stuck around 52w max or above that i was getting dry hits..

Thanks @Mutley1. Since I turned it back down to 58W it's settled down and has been vaping really well since so at least I'm pleased as that was my first go. I've also tightened the airflow even more to less than a quarter open.

Looking at the photos on page 4 from @StrawberryRipple my cotton definetely protrudes out sideways a lot more but I went for angled cuts rather than straight so I guess I just need to experiment a little bit more. That's why I'm glad I bought spare decks so I can pracice and keep swapping them until I get it right.

Thanks @Mutley1. Since I turned it back down to 58W it's settled down and has been vaping really well since so at least I'm pleased as that was my first go. I've also tightened the airflow even more to less than a quarter open.

Looking at the photos on page 4 from @StrawberryRipple my cotton definetely protrudes out sideways a lot more but I went for angled cuts rather than straight so I guess I just need to experiment a little bit more. That's why I'm glad I bought spare decks so I can pracice and keep swapping them until I get it right.
How ripple did his on page 4 is how I do mine but with the straight cuts, with the angle cuts mine flooded afew times but I'm sure you will nail it right [emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom