What's new

GeekVape Zeus X Mesh RTA

Arived today and popped a build in it.

Niggles first and ill report back once ive tested it long enough for a full opinion.

1) The spring plate seemed stuck straight out of the box and had me worried in the first instance if it was fixed.
Unscrewed it but still not moving freely.
Ended up realising the mesh clamps somehow were gripping it so loosened them off phew all is as should be.

2) The chimney is an internal removable section which needs to be placed over the deck while reassembling after building which means it cant be rebuilt with juice in the tank. Not a big deal but still a niggle.

3) The top is half turn to remove and the juice fill ports are pretty small given the size of the tank. Not too small but small none the less. The issue here might be isolated or just a seal ring problem but my top is very loose.
So loose i could flip the top off at a push with one finger so unless i can figure out why and fix it this tank will not be pocket friendly.

4) The cotton shoelaces it comes with just dont quite manage two wicks and the mesh strips are pretty narrow considering the size of the tank i would have expected them to be wider.
Neither detract from the flavour though which is exceptionally good as expected.

Arived today and popped a build in it.

Niggles first and ill report back once ive tested it long enough for a full opinion.

1) The spring plate seemed stuck straight out of the box and had me worried in the first instance if it was fixed.
Unscrewed it but still not moving freely.
Ended up realising the mesh clamps somehow were gripping it so loosened them off phew all is as should be.

2) The chimney is an internal removable section which needs to be placed over the deck while reassembling after building which means it cant be rebuilt with juice in the tank. Not a big deal but still a niggle.

3) The top is half turn to remove and the juice fill ports are pretty small given the size of the tank. Not too small but small none the less. The issue here might be isolated or just a seal ring problem but my top is very loose.
So loose i could flip the top off at a push with one finger so unless i can figure out why and fix it this tank will not be pocket friendly.

4) The cotton shoelaces it comes with just dont quite manage two wicks and the mesh strips are pretty narrow considering the size of the tank i would have expected them to be wider.
Neither detract from the flavour though which is exceptionally good as expected.

i really liked the look of these & after watching afew videos as well it looks easy enough to coil & wick & so just ordered one from cigabuy..

Found why the top cap is loose.
The o ring in the picture on the underside of the top cap is made of silicon and gives too much.
It needs to be 1mm thicker or replaced for a standard black one.

I've also replaced the supplied drip tip for my favourite and it's vaping perfect.

I've got one of the supplied 0.17ohm strips in it at 50w with airflow 3/4 open and flavour is top class.

So long as nothing else niggling pops up I'll be picking up a few more of these.

20200521_133320.jpg
20200521_114010.jpg

Issue noted but might be isolated.
I've emailed Geekvape to let them know.

On mine i noticed the mesh clamp screws protrude through the clamps when done up tight and stop the ceramic wick buffer from moving.
I filed around 3/4 of a millimetre off mine and now its perfect but not everyone may be able to do this.

I really like the look of this tank, I've always been wary of mesh because of the astoundingly painful dry hits but this looks good.

Watched the vaping with Vick review, he says it's the one to go for for those of us wary of mesh.

I really like the look of this tank, I've always been wary of mesh because of the astoundingly painful dry hits but this looks good.

Watched the vaping with Vick review, he says it's the one to go for for those of us wary of mesh.
I'd agree as its top airflow it will be difficult to get it to dry hit.
I'm loving mine.

Watched some more reviews and I’m going to order one from China to avoid the 2ml TPD crap.
Order from ecigone, it comes with the 4. 5ml bubble glass as standard ;)

So far, this has not pissed itself, and seems to be performing well. Going to order another

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom