What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Geekvape Zeus RTA troubles

Cool :) Thanks. I'll space the wraps at the ends for now and drop it a bit. The next coil I'll go for 1 wrap less, unless I get some different wire. It does indeed take a bit to get going. But if I chain a bit it makes for a nice vape

I'm surprised at how high you need to snip the wick. How will it pull liquid from the well when snipped that high? I didn't think the liquid went higher than the little dish lip.
Put no wick in it and the juice will fill the deck.
Just need enough wick in the hole to stop that happening with the zeus.
Ive just rewicked mine.

20181106_222132.jpg

Aha. That makes sense. I'll do that. Amazing how little wick this thing needs compared to the dead rabbit rda which seems to like great big wads. I haven't rewicked that once since I got it.

I'm getting plenty practice rewicking the Zeus because I keep switching between the rabbit and the Zeus but forget to drop the power when I switch to Zeus, so then I fry the shit out of the wick and coil. The last coil (only in for a week) was destroyed.

Time to carry two mods. A car mod and a home/work mod.

Put no wick in it and the juice will fill the deck.
Just need enough wick in the hole to stop that happening with the zeus.
Ive just rewicked mine.

View attachment 177427
Just had a look at your wicking and thought I'd give it a go. I was cutting the tails level with the bottom of the juice slot but have just cut it so it's probably just under half way down. It was fine before but It's an improvement so thanks for that [emoji106]

I just rebuilt the deck again as I had nothing better to do.

I built the naffest most disgusting looking amateur coil ever. I'm not even going to post a pic. Just think, ship anchor chain, made by a monkey.
It's two 24g A1 wires twisted (4mm) crudely for 5 wraps

I wicked it as per instructed above.

I shit you not... I can't get a dry hit if I try. The wicking is mental and the flavour is better.

I've gotten over my coil shame because frankly the vape on this build is rather epic.

So here it is. Mock all you want, it works!

IMG_20181120_102001.jpeg

I've gotten over my coil shame because frankly the vape on this build is rather epic.

So here it is. Mock all you want, it works!

View attachment 178367
Wicking looks great. Tails are nice and thin and translucent.

Hey, as long as it vapes well who cares what it looks like. It's an rta so you only see the coil when re-wicking. I see plenty of ugly babies. Doesn't make them any less of a human being or mean their parents love them any less.

Vape and enjoy.

Last edited:
Since I got my Zeus, I’ve had nothing but wicking problems and dry hits. So glad I joined POTV and came across this thread. Followed the wicking advice from @Mitz and now it vapes like a dream, no dry hits at all since rewicking. Also took advice and ditched the Cotton Bacon for Native Wicks platinum blend, and what a difference that has also made. Thank you all so much for your advice, I now love this RTA!

Since I got my Zeus, I’ve had nothing but wicking problems and dry hits. So glad I joined POTV and came across this thread. Followed the wicking advice from @Mitz and now it vapes like a dream, no dry hits at all since rewicking. Also took advice and ditched the Cotton Bacon for Native Wicks platinum blend, and what a difference that has also made. Thank you all so much for your advice, I now love this RTA!
Glad to hear you're enjoying mate.

Welcome to the forum. :welcome1:

Back
Top Bottom