What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Geekvape Zeus RTA troubles

And still way too much cotton.

From my post at the beginning of the thread....

IMAG1288.jpg

IMAG1280.jpg

Argh. Sorry. Will try again.
Thanks for your patience :(
Nothing to be sorry about mate and no need to apologize to anyone. Practice makes perfect. You'll get there. It's a fantastic rta and well worth the effort. :)

I hate to be awkward but I've just finished the 2nd tank on the above build, on 60w and so far not a single dry hit!
I did notice that it's actually a 2.5mm ID coil.
Being careful not to take massive draws but even chaining 5 decent toots did nothing.

I'll bank this build for now and follow the instructions above for the next one

Small follow up; now quite a few tanks in and going strong but I realised one thing that is different is the juice I'm running.
The Dinner Ladies Summer Holidays Black Orange Crush is very light on the wick it seems. And thus has been giving me very smooth, pleasant vaping with all that the Zeus promises.
However.. I put some Fooza Crystal Clear in the other day and I got a bit of a burnt taste.
So I guess I've learned it's a tank+coil+wicking+juice=good vape. Having to get everything just right for it to work.

Thoughts? Tried to copy the above.

Coil came out too high (0.66) with my A1 24/30GA Clapton. I did 6 wraps, which is obviously a bit too much :(

I wicked it light. I lined it up with the bottom of the wicking hole but it stretched a bit when soaked. Doesn't quite touch the bottom of the well.

Just finished a tank and it seems to wick well. Much quicker bubbling than before.

IMG_20181106_191658.jpeg

Thoughts? Tried to copy the above.

Coil came out too high (0.66) with my A1 24/30GA Clapton. I did 6 wraps, which is obviously a bit too much :(

I wicked it light. I lined it up with the bottom of the wicking hole but it stretched a bit when soaked. Doesn't quite touch the bottom of the well.

Just finished a tank and it seems to wick well. Much quicker bubbling than before.

View attachment 177410
Doesn't look too bad mate. Not too bad at all. That's a lot of metal so would definitely recommend dropping a wrap. Hard to tell from that angle but the height looks OK. Could maybe drop the coil 1mm. Need a more straight on shot to tell tho. And personally, I would trim the cotton. Absolutely no need for the tail. I would trim it here.....

IMG_20181106_191658_1.jpg

Agree with @Mitz could trim a mm off the coil legs.
Could stick with 6 wraps if you go for 28/38 wire or drop a wrap on the wire youre using.
It's likely to heat up and cool down slightly quicker with you existing build if you tug the end wraps of the coil so its slightly spaced.
:dance:

Cool :) Thanks. I'll space the wraps at the ends for now and drop it a bit. The next coil I'll go for 1 wrap less, unless I get some different wire. It does indeed take a bit to get going. But if I chain a bit it makes for a nice vape

I'm surprised at how high you need to snip the wick. How will it pull liquid from the well when snipped that high? I didn't think the liquid went higher than the little dish lip.

Back
Top Bottom