What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Fused Clapton’s for series build

Lee Murphy

Postman
been wanting to try the series option out on my new noisey cricket 2 and have just picked up a troll v2 25mm for it.
What’s a good option for a Clapton build for it??
I have just put some 7 wrap 3.5mm kanthal super Clapton coils in and I knew before I started that ramp up would be slow af! But they are in and working.. I was thinking of getting some ni80 fused Clapton wire for it..
what’s your thoughts??

I've got a set of fused 29g /36g's think it's 3.5 ID / 7 wrap for my pwms and they come in around 0.4 which is for me the sweet spot for series
Wouldn't really go much lower myself but it's a rough idea of the size

I've got a set of fused 29g /36g's think it's 3.5 ID / 7 wrap for my pwms and they come in around 0.4 which is for me the sweet spot for series
Wouldn't really go much lower myself but it's a rough idea of the size
I ripped the super Clapton’s out of it today as ramp up was shocking.. replaced with a pair of 26g twisted ss316, 15 wraps 3.5id and .37ohm flavour is not that bad and clouds are the biggest I have ever chucked. Don’t need many tokes on it to get a bit light headed lol

I'm using a pair of standard 26/32awg SS316 Claptons in my NC1 - can't recall the ID, 8 wraps I think - comes in at around 0.6 ohm. Ramp up is minimal, flavour is fantastic, cloud is...annoyingly cloudy I guess (sorry I'm not much of a cloud chaser - I like the vape but the resulting clouds bug me if I'm not outdoors on a windy day). Next time I build for it I'm gonna use twisted SS316 wire too I think, it's one of my favourite goto's

Speak to @Smut - I asked his advice on series coils and he recommended some fused claptons (think they are 2 x 28awg Ka with 40awg ni80) I got two pairs at 0.5 and one pair at 0.4 - ramp is pretty instant - and they are worth every penny.

I ripped the super Clapton’s out of it today as ramp up was shocking.. replaced with a pair of 26g twisted ss316, 15 wraps 3.5id and .37ohm flavour is not that bad and clouds are the biggest I have ever chucked. Don’t need many tokes on it to get a bit light headed lol
Yeah the high voltage really has a kick to it
I never used to use thin wire but I have to say when I started make thin but wide coils for my mechs it changed my thinking entirely, with the sharp ramp up and reasonable ohms I've stopped on the super low builds now, and the extra vape time is a bonus

I use 12 3mm wraps of 28/40 N90 in my series builds, finishes up at .35 for a pair, performance is like nothing else although it might be a warm vape for some

Back
Top Bottom